This week on Middle Theory, we look at the chaos surrounding Alex Jones’ recent ban from social media, and its possible long-term repercussions.
Kicking things off, after all of our salutations and celebratory greetings are all cared for, we launch into our discussion with a look at director Christopher Nolan’s modern classic film, The Dark Knight, as we ruminate on its political meaning in the modern fracas that is the current political climate in the United States. This leads us to a discussion of a variety of topics, ranging from the planned “Unite the Right” rally that will take place this Sunday in Washington, D.C., to the recent hiring of Sarah Jeong by the New York Times, and whether the publication overlooked a person who has espoused racial bigotry in the past in doing so.
Then getting to the MID, we turn our attention over to Alex Jones, the controversial conspiracy theorist and talk radio host who was recently banned from a variety of social media platforms, including YouTube, Facebook and Apple Podcasts. What are the long-term repercussions of this, and is banning Jones a move toward broader civility in public discourse? We’ll examine this, and more on this week’s edition of Middle Theory.
A special thank you to those who donated this week:
- Drew Meadows
- Ali Buchan
- Betty June
- Haley Koeller
- Daniel Baumberger
- James Malone
- Cathy Sowa
- Mark Stephan
- Robert Walshe
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get news alerts, articles, and podcasts from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]
Finally, here are links to stories addressed on this week’s program:
- U FIGHT THE RIGHT: ‘We denounce hate’: Washington, D.C., braces for ‘Unite the Right’ rally
- START SPREADIN’ THE NEWS: NYT Stands By Hiring of Sarah Jeong after racial Tweets surface
- NO MOTIVES IN SIN CITY SHOOTING: Final Police Report on Vegas Shooting Finds “No Clear Motive”
- 7 takeaways from the final police report on the Las Vegas shooting
- JADE HELM, RED SCARE: Hysteria over Jade Helm exercise in Texas was fueled by Russians, former CIA director says
- COULD QANON COULD BE A PRANK?
- It’s Looking Extremely Likely That QAnon Is A Leftist Prank On Trump Supporters
- Anonymous is now hoping to try to reveal the truth about QAnon
- THE PURGE: ALEX JONES IS OUT
- WashPo: Alex Jones’s podcasts are erased by Apple, in latest move against the conspiracy theorist who claims Sandy Hook was a hoax
- HuffPo: Facebook Removes Alex Jones And InfoWars Pages
- HuffPo: YouTube Bans Alex Jones And InfoWars Channels
- The Guardian: Facebook, Apple, YouTube and Spotify ban Infowars’ Alex Jones
- Texas Monthly: Alex Jones’s Attorneys Argue That No Reasonable Person Would Believe What He Says