This week on Middle Theory, we focus on the modern “whistleblower” phenomena, as well as its history in U.S. Government, and conspiracy theories associated with alleged whistleblowers today.
It’s time for a system reset… what does it truly mean to be a “centrist,” and what does a program like Middle Theory seek to achieve in offering a non-partisan perspective on news, current events, politics, and social commentary?
Taking to the microphone this week in a “solo flight,” Micah wants to set the record straight on political centrism and reestablish the “center ground” as it relates to this program. Topics addressed include
- Reclaiming Centrism
- The Need for Right and Left
- Why the Alt-Left is as bad as the Alt-Right
- Making Sense of Social Justice Warriors
- Why InfoWars is Bullshit
- Diagnosing “Political Burnout”
- Does The World Need Political Podcasts?
Then getting to the MID, we focus on National Whistleblower’s Day, which has been celebrated in the United States on July 30 each year since 2015. After delving into the history of the celebration, we hear from Linda Tripp, who was the keynote speaker at this year’s event, and examine questions pertaining to political biases as it relates to the activity of whistleblowers. We then turn our attention toward Julian Assange, arguably seen as one of the most famous, and controversial whistleblowers of our time.
But on the subject of whistleblowing, the phenomena that is “QAnon” has now erupted into the mainstream, and many in the media (particularly the New York Times and Washington Post are borderline apoplectic. We look at why they seem to think there’s cause for concern, what QAnon has claimed in the “breadcrumbs” they have posted online, and whether this is truly anything that we should be taking seriously.
A special thank you to those who donated this week:
- Peter Venarie
- Sean O’Neal
- Rick Dale
- Jon Haskins (MoMS)
- Jill Ellis
- Chris Beggio
- Stephen Marlowe
- Emilio Villalpando
- John Lipartito
- Jessica Zuccarello
- Charles Tucker
- Mark Hankins II
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get news alerts, articles, and podcasts from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
Finally, here are links to stories addressed on this week’s program:
- WHISTLEBLOWIN’ IN THE WIND: July 30th is National Whistleblower Day
- Activist Publishes 11,000 Private DMs Between Wikileaks and Its Supporters
- The original 2015 Senate resolution on Whistleblower Day
- Why you should care about National Whistleblower AppreciatIon Day
- Linda Tripp to make first public appearance in 18 years at whistleblowers conference
- ASSANGE COMES OUT: Assange May Be Ready to Take First Steps Into a Different World
- WHO IS Q: A conspiracy cult leaps from the Internet to the crowd at Trump’s ‘MAGA’ tour
- HIGH TIMES IN GEORGIA: Marijuana Takes Steps Toward Legalization in Georgia