This week, impeachment proceedings ensue in the aftermath of a phone call between Donald Trump and Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky.
Another day, another controversy… and leading off this week with commentary on what VICE has called “The Great American Vape Panic of 2019,” a series of lawsuits are rocking the eCigarette industry. Also making the news from over in the UK is a Supreme Court decision that Boris Johnson’s decision to suspend Parliament was unlawful, with many in government now calling for his resignation.
Then at the heart of our discussion this week, a controversial phone call between Donald Trump and Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky has evoked controversy over whether the U.S. President was withholding funding aid to Ukraine, possibly as leverage for gaining the country’s help in investigating claims against Democratic front-runner Joe Biden. This resulted in impeachment proceedings by the Democratic-led House, and even many of Donald Trump’s supporters are talking about the problems inherent with the President’s decision to release a transcript of the phone call. However, while Democrats feel justified in pushing for impeachment on account of this scandal, no laws were broken… so what here would qualify for “high crimes and misdemeanor” requisite as grounds for impeachment?
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Vicky Pinderski
- Jennie Vongvith
- Jamie Craven
- Ali Buchan
- Lauren Turinetti
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- VAPING IN TURMOIL: Vape brand Juul is reportedly at the center of a criminal probe
- The Great American Vape Panic of 2019 Is Producing Some Wild Lawsuits
- SUSPENDED: Supreme Court: Suspending Parliament was unlawful, judges rule
- KOOL-AID IN THE UKRAINE: Trump Said to Have Frozen Aid to Ukraine Before Call With Its Leader
- Remarks by Vice President Pence and President Duda of Poland in Joint Press Conference
- Mike Mulvaney letter from September 3 citing “concerns”
- Seven freshman Democrats: These allegations are a threat to all we have sworn to protect
- Trump questions patriotism of whistleblower central to Ukraine firestorm
- Trump admits he delayed Ukraine aid but claims it was unrelated to Biden
- Rudy Giuliani Has Another Wild Night With Screaming Match On Live TV
- IMPEACHES & CREAM: Pelosi orders impeachment probe: ‘No one is above the law’
- Trump asked Ukraine president in phone call ‘if you can look into’ Biden and his son
- More Dems back impeachment action amid reports Trump ordered Ukraine aid frozen
- Trump’s self-impeachment may be Pelosi’s worst fear
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.