Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
On this episode, we compare modern political life to Ancient Rome and look at Donald Trump’s “Locked and Loaded” relationship with the Middle East.
Life in Ancient Rome was far from perfect, just like life today. However, much of our modern way of life–in America particular–is borrowed from Rome, from our architecture and government to our very concepts of “the romantic ideal.” What can we improve today from our knowledge of antiquity?
Getting to news, we look at how all hell broke loose on the floor of the North Carolina Legislature on 9/11, as well as how the New York Times failed in reporting the latest allegations against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
Then later in the program, we look at Donald Trump’s complicated relationship with the Middle East, and why many critics are asking whether Trump is too strongly influenced by our Saudi allies. The criticisms, which have increased since the killing of journalist Jamal Kashoggi, have recently mounted as tensions between Saudi Arabia and Iran appear to have resulted in an attack on a Saudi oil field. Finally, we also look at why the Justice Department is invoking the states secrets privilege in order to provide limited information about possible Saudi involvement in the 9/11 terror attacks.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Sascha Neubaur
- Shelly Orlandini
- Jessica Riley
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- WHEN IN ROME: Why knowing Roman history is key to preserving America’s future
- 9/11 AFTERMATH: Did GOP in North Carolina use a 9/11 memorial to deceive democrats?
- KAVNAUGHTTY: Times reporters blame editors for omission in Kavanaugh story
- ‘Get real’: Senior Democrats shut down Kavanaugh impeachment push
- LOCKED AND LOADED: ‘Locked and Loaded,’ but for What?
- To Find Clues in Saudi Oil Attacks, U.S. Examines Missile and Drone Parts
- Trump’s deference to Saudi Arabia infuriates much of D.C.
- Justice Dept. offers 9/11 families new detail about investigation of suspected Saudi accomplices
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.