Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
On this edition of the podcast, we examine one professor’s “Theory of Bullshit”, the downfall of media in the Internet Age, and the ongoing saga of the attempt to impeach Donald Trump.
Sometimes, you just have to cut the bullshit. Which is why on this episode we cut right to the chase: when did so much of the news we hear about every day become “bullshit”? A while back, Professor Harry Frankfurt of Princeton University attempted to understand the concept of “bullshit” from a scholarly perspective, which we borrow from in our examination of how the World Wide Web and issues pertaining to monetization helped foment a serious crisis in the modern media.
Then later in the program, we turn our attention to new developments in the ongoing saga that is the attempt to impeach Donald Trump. While the current debacle involving Ukraine may not involve any laws having been broken, there are nonetheless several legal arguments that have been made which justify the idea of Trump’s impeachment. But is this a good idea for Democrats, or would Trump’s impeachment (if they could even get the American public behind the idea) help or harm their chances in 2020?
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Jill Ellis
- Kevin Webb
- Brian Davis
- Jesica Zuccarello
- Mark Hankins II
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- ON BULLSHIT: Harry Frankfurt of Princeton University Discusses Bullshit
- On Bullshit and the News Media we’ve all helped to build
- The Full of Shit Mainstream Media
- BACK ON THE MENU: Eat Less Red Meat, Scientists Said. Now Some Believe That Was Bad Advice.
- COME ON, CUOMO: Reporters Should Stop Helping Trump Spread Lies About Biden and Ukraine
- THE GREAT DIVIDE: NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll: Americans Split on House Impeachment Inquiry
- AUSSIES ARE IN ON IT: Trump Pressed Australian Leader to Help Barr Investigate Mueller Inquiry’s Origins
- Barr personally asked foreign officials to aid inquiry into CIA, FBI activities in 2016
- CRIMINAL? Donald Trump’s Call With Ukrainian Leader, One Day After Robert Mueller’s Congressional Testimony, Shows the President Is a Brazen Criminal
- Here Are 7 Crimes Trump Might Have Committed in This Ukraine Scandal
- The Legal Case For A Congressional Investigation On Whether To Impeach President Donald J. Trump
- Giuliani subpoenaed as impeachment inquiry accelerates
- WRAP UP: How Donald Trump is Working the Impeachment Inquiry to His Advantage
- Impeachment Could Lead to President Pence
- President Pelosi? It could happen
- Why Trump’s Removal Wouldn’t Lead to a ‘Civil War’
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.