A recent devastating explosion in Lebanon’s port city capital of Beirut has raised questions over the country’s leadership, and the role that the international community will play in providing aid moving forward.
As President Trump was recently interrupted by gunfire outside the White House during a live Coronavirus press conference, CNN’s fact-checkers were as hard at work as ever. Meanwhile, presidential hopeful Joe Biden has deployed his VP team in advance of the long-awaited announcement of who his running mate will be.
However, elsewhere in the world a devastating explosion in Lebanon’s port city capital of Beirut has put the focus on the country’s political leadership, with the present government stepping down in a dramatic, but expected shift of power. As the people of Lebanon consider the path forward, we weigh in on what the role that the international community will be in providing aid and rebuilding.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- CDC Foundation Coronavirus Relief
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- Direct Relief: Coronavirus Pandemic
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Doctors Without Borders: COVID 19
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Kevin Webb
- Bethany Trottier
- Connie Fletcher
- Robert Westfall
- John Lipartito
- James Malone
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- EVACUATION: Trump abruptly escorted from briefing after shooting near WH
- Fact check: Trump continues to spin false narrative around mail-in voting and coronavirus
- ELECTION UPDATE: Biden campaign puts VP team in place ahead of announcement
- Warren Raises Most Cash For Biden
- Black male leaders say Biden will lose election if he doesn’t choose Black woman as VP
- CLUES: Susan Rice conspicuously left off DNC speakers list ahead of Biden’s veep announcement
- RESIGNATION: Seattle police chief announces her retirement after city council votes to cut the police budget by nearly $4 million
- BEIRUT: Lebanon’s Prime Minister Resigns Days After Beirut Explosion
- Beirut Explosion Looks Like An Accident — And A Sign Of The Country’s Collapse
- Were suspicious tunnels discovered near Beirut port after explosion?
- Beirut blast raises urgent questions about America’s leadership in the world
- Lebanon’s political corruption can be rooted out – if its international donors insist
- Hezbollah and the people will have to negotiate a new Lebanon
- FIRST VAX: Russia Claims 1st Covid Vaccine “Sputnik V”; Putin’s Daughter Inoculated
- CONSPIRACY: Claim that Dr Lieber “made and sold” coronavirus to China continues to float online
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.