This week on Middle Theory, as Sean Spicer steps down as White House Press Secretary, we look at the contentious relationship between Donald Trump’s administration and the American media.
As we delve into the news this week, a contentious debate has arisen between our friends here at Middle Theory: what are the best barbecue and chicken wing spots in America? We’re hoping to get clarification on this from some of our listeners. In other news, we take a moment to remember the Chester Bennington, late singer of rap-rock group Linkin Park, and take a moment to examine the possible connections between his suicide, and similar circumstances involving singer Chris Cornell’s death. Also, Senator John McCain has, according to his doctor in an interview with CNN, been diagnosed with brain cancer, which might explain his unusual exchange with James Comey a number of weeks ago.
Speaking of Senator John McCain, Marc Turin, whether or not you’ve heard of him, is someone that should be of interest to listeners. McNonymous takes a moment to tell us the unique story of this Arizona dropout turned arms dealer. Finally, our MID story this week deals with the departure of Sean Spicer from his position as White House Press Secretary. We take time to examine how this, and the controversial appointment of Anthony Scaramucci as White House Communications Director, indicates the broader problems between the current administration, and the American media.
Special thanks to those who donated this week, whose contributions help support the audio production, research, artwork, and other effort that goes into each episode of the podcast:
- Tom Lesinewski
- Ali Buchan
- Steven Walker
- Halie Koehler
- Dalton Carter
- Richard Dale
- Emilio Villalpando
- Jennie Vongvith
- John Jolly
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get daily news from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
Finally, here are links to stories discussed on this week’s program:
- Revisiting the story of Marc Turi, Arizona dropout turned international arms dealer
- Chester Bennington, Linkin Park Singer, Dead at 41
- John McCain faces his greatest battle with diagnosis of brain cancer
- Trump ends covert CIA program to arm anti-Assad rebels in Syria, a move sought by Moscow
- Latest Senate healthcare bill would leave 22 mln without insurance: CBO
- Citing Recusal, Trump Says He Wouldn’t Have Hired Sessions
- Sean Spicer Resigns As White House Press Secretary
- Anthony Scaramucci Is the Right Answer to the Wrong Question
- Toronto man builds staircase for $550, city estimated $65,000-$150,000. City tears his down
- First pictures inside sex robot factory making ‘human-like’ dolls