Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
This week on Middle Theory, while questions remain about Donald Trump and potential collusion in the 2017 election, the best evidence thus far may have just been revealed willingly by Donald Trump Jr.
There is a serious disturbance in space-time this week… and a gender-bending twist in one of the longest-running science fiction franchises in history. That’s right, the BBC has announced that the lead role in the upcoming season of BBC’s Doctor Who has been given to actress Jodie Whittaker of Broadchurch fame. As the UK’s entertainment industry breaks one of its final “glass ceilings”, we look at what this has to do with other world affairs, and even Hillary Clinton’s loss in the 2016 US election. Elsewhere (and speaking of time travel), anachronisms continue to arise, which McNonymous points out seemed to have given clues as much as a century ago to the eventual Presidency of Donald Trump.
This, and other newsworthy items are discussed, leading up to the big story this week: has Donald Trump Jr. finally provided clear evidence of collusion with Russia? Many say so, although opinions are divided as to whether this is the “smoking gun”, or if it’s merely one of many bungled attempts at gaining an upper hand during the last election, which, under other circumstances, indeed might have qualified as collusion. Elsewhere on the subject of possible collusion with foreign governments, Representative Adam Schiff is playing down the notion that his party might have done the same thing… but is “collusion” at any level still representative of treachery at the end of the day?
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get daily news from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]
Finally, here are links to stories discussed on this week’s program:
- Tritium-contaminated Fukushima wastewater to be dumped into the ocean
- Republicans exempt their own insurance from Obamacare rollback
- Tweet saying Trump ignored Italian translation headphones: 14,000 retweets. Tweet correcting that he had smaller earpiece: 42 retweets.
- Trump donor ‘kills himself’ after revealing he tried to get Clinton’s emails from Russian hackers
- Democrats sue Donald Trump over release of party emails ‘stolen by Russia’ to discredit Hillary Clinton
- Trump Jr. releases email chain on conversations with Russian sources
- Russian Lawyer Veselnitskaya Says She Didn’t Give Trump Jr. Info on Clinton
- Russian American lobbyist was present at Trump Jr.’s meeting with Kremlin-lawyer
- Carl Bernstein says there’s a cover-up going on at the White House but we must be cautious in pursuit of details
- Adam Schiff tells Jon Karl on ABC that DNC collusion with Ukraine during election that got Manafort into hot water was problematic but because of the difference in scale it shouldn’t be compared to Russia