Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
This week we look at antiscientific biases, how politics on both the left and the right can influence them, and why medical masks have become a political statement in America.
As Federal prosecutors warn that granting Ghislaine Maxwell bail could be equivalent to allowing her to disappear from this reality and never stand trial for crimes she may have helped facilitate, we look at odd election developments in the Lone Star State, and also how autocracies around the world are working to stifle independent journalism. How soon before similar problems begin occurring in the “Western World”?
Then getting to the heart of the discussion this week, Dr. Anthony Fauci recently warned that “antiscientific” biases prevail in the United States. Nothing has become more emblematic of that, perhaps, than the notion that choosing whether or not to wear medical masks in public has become so politically polarized in America. This issue raises meaningful points both in terms of politics, and science… but should the idea of “antiscientific” biases or practices also be seen in terms of “right and left”, or are both political viewpoints just as guilty in their own way? We take the middle path as we examine these, and other issues this week on Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- CDC Foundation Coronavirus Relief
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- Direct Relief: Coronavirus Pandemic
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Doctors Without Borders: COVID 19
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Connie Fletcher
- Bethany Trottier
- James Malone
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- MAXED OUT: Epstein sex crime accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell tried to flee from FBI agents
- TEXAS FLOODS: Joe Biden builds 5-point lead over Donald Trump in red Texas as some voters sour on handling of virus
- BALLOT: As ballots pile up in mail, potential ‘nightmare’ looms on Election Night
- FEAR FOR NEWS: While America Looks Away, Autocrats Crack Down on Digital News Sites
- AUSSIES: The Era of Free News for Facebook and Google May Soon Be Over
- ANTI-SCIENCE: Fauci warns of ‘anti-science bias’ being a problem in US
- Anti-science content is thriving on Facebook right now
- Antiscience Beliefs Jeopardize U.S. Democracy
- The GOP’s Murderous Anti-Intellectualism
- Is the Right Wing Anti-Science?
- The left is also guilty of unscientific dogma
- The Anti-Science Left
- The Liberals’ War on Science
- Who are you calling ‘anti-science’? How science serves social and political agendas
- Who Is More Anti-science: Conservatives Or Liberals?
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.