The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone in Seattle has aroused controversy over what some call a “takeover” by political activists in the city. But has media reporting on the situation been accurate, and does it represent autonomy, anarchy, or something else?
What is “cancel culture”, and is it entirely new, or just a new manifestation of something that has been with us long since before social media? We lead off by looking at that, as well as an “Election Update” which views the latest polls, and the ongoing search for Joe Biden’s VP pick. Then getting to the heart of the conversation, the so-called Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone in Seattle has received widespread media attention in recent days, with some that include President Trump calling it a “takeover” by anarchistic factions, and others likening it to being a Woodstock-like “utopia.” The truth, as usual, exists someplace in the middle, and we go in search of answers as we wade into this controversy this week on Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- CDC Foundation Coronavirus Relief
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- Direct Relief: Coronavirus Pandemic
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- James Malone
- Jessica Riley
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- UNCERTAIN TIMES: Unexpected uncertainty can breed paranoia
- ELECTION UPDATE: Biden leads Trump by 14 points among registered voters
- Kamala Harris On Strong Footing in Biden VP Search
- AUTONOMY, OR ANARCHY? Update: Police-free Zone Jolts Seattle
- Seattle Mayor, Police Chief Defends Protesters In ‘Autonomous Zone’ From Trump’s Threats
- Additional police Statement on “autonomous” zone
- UTOPIA? Protesters occupied Seattle’s Capitol Hill for a week. Here’s what it’s like inside
- OR SOMETHING ELSE: What It’s Actually Like inside Seattle’s Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone
- NOW NASHVILLE: Nashville autonomous zone ‘will not be tolerated,’ Tenn. Gov says
- HOMICIDE: Police killing of Rayshard Brooks in Atlanta ruled a homicide
- Wendys where killing occurred burned by protestors
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.