This week continues our analysis of the public response to George Floyd’s killing and opposition by military leaders to President Donald Trump’s desire to deploy the military in curbing violence during protests.
“Things will get worse before they get better,” or so the saying goes. This week, as historic unrest continues in the wake of George Floyd’s killing, news of protestors being interrogated by FBI and NYPD have raised concerns, and point to U.S. intelligence interest in possible “hijacking” of protests by various groups. Meanwhile, military leaders past, and present, have opposed President Donald Trump’s recent aims to use military forces to curb violence during protests, and Minneapolis has proposed defunding and disbanding its police force. We wade into the fray with our analysis on this edition of Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- CDC Foundation Coronavirus Relief
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- Direct Relief: Coronavirus Pandemic
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Bethany Trottier
- Connie Fletcher
- Robert Westfall
- John Lipartito
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- BAD WATER: Asheville Police destroy medic station, call water bottles “projectiles”
- ROWDY RUDY: Rudy Giuliani has lost the plot
- ELECTION UPDATE: Inside the room: Trump’s top aides plot new theme
- BLACKOUT BUST: As responses to George Floyd’s death go, #BlackOutTuesday was embarrassing (Fatima Bhutto)
- FBI DON’T KNOW: FBI ‘has no intelligence’ indicating antifa was linked to weekend violence in the George Floyd protests, despite Trump and Republicans’ claims
- INTERROGATION ENSUES: Brooklyn Man Was Arrested For Curfew Violation. The FBI Interrogated Him About His Political Beliefs.
- RESIGNATION: James Bennet resigns from New York Times after Cotton op-ed backlash
- MILITARY SPEAKS: Generals win battle w/ Trump as 82nd Airborne are removed from D.C.
- Pentagon Order Was Behind National Guard Helicopters Buzzing DC Protesters
- DC mayor says federal response to protests led to larger groups participating peacefully
- THE ROCK SPEAKS: Dwayne Johnson has a message for Trump
- DISMANTLED: Minneapolis City Council members intend to defund and dismantle the city’s police department
- POLICE VIOLENCE: Poll: Americans are more concerned about police violence than violence at protests
- Author Alex S. Vitale Talks ‘The End Of Policing’ After Floyd Death
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.