This week as the quest for social justice ensues in America, we look at striking a balance between conflict and tolerance, and the controversies surrounding late-night hosts Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon.
This week, after an update on Seattle’s “CHAZ” (which was recently redubbed the “CHOP”), we shift our attention over to a controversial new Wikileaks-style site that is aimed at being a clearinghouse for information obtained by hackers about law enforcement. Also, President Trump has a problem, and its name is John Bolton.
Then getting to the heart of the conversation, while many social justice advocates have taken to the internet to seek out and highlight instances of intolerance, what is often missing appears to be a “path to redemption” for those who actually caused offense with remarks or actions. The recent controversy involving Late Night stars Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon showcase these kinds of problems; we also examine the idea of the “Political Non-Apology,” and finally, issues pertaining to the Supreme Court in recent news.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- CDC Foundation Coronavirus Relief
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- Direct Relief: Coronavirus Pandemic
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Doctors Without Borders: COVID 19
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Shelli Orlandini
- Ali Buchan
- Edith Wacker
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- CROSSFIRE: Shooting at Seattle Autonomous Zone
- ‘Highly sensitive’ police department data hacked for a WikiLeaks-style website
- ELECTION UPDATE: Trump’s Current Approval Ratings
- Fear mounts Trump may pressure FDA to rush Covid-19 vaccine by election
- LIGHTNING BOLTON: Bolton says he hopes Trump is 1-term president, warns country imperiled by his reelection
- THE UNFORGIVEN: Kimmel announces summer leave amid blackface controversy
- LOSING BET: In Politics, Apologies Are for Losers
- The Political Non-Apology
- TALK IT OVER: Talking With Relatives Across the Political Divide
- LGBT RIGHTS: Conservative Supreme makes landmark decision for LGBT
- DACA DEALINGS: Supreme Court blocks Trump from ending DACA
- NO IMMUNITY: Supreme Court Will Not Reexamine Qualified Immunity For Police
- ABORT COURT: All eyes on Roberts ahead of Supreme Court’s abortion ruling
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.