Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
This week we examine the recent G7 Summit and responses to the meeting between world leaders over their goals toward unifying against threats from Russia and China.
This week, as we pick up recent coverage of Vice President Kammala’s southern trip, and how it became mired in controversy following problematic statements the VP made when confronted by the media about the Biden Administration’s immigration policies. Meanwhile, a shake up has occurred in Israel as a narrow vote has ousted Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has remained in power for more than a decade.
Then getting to the heart of the discussion, we turn our attention toward the 2021 G7 Summit in Cornwall, England, and the response from the international community to the meeting of world leaders. Among the focus of their discussions had been a new global corporate tax, the ongoing battle against COVID-19, and other issues. However, much of the focus of this year’s summit also had to do with those countries who were not in attendance–namely China and Russia–and what the response from the G7 member countries should be in the years ahead as the rise of Autocracies in the East remain ever present.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Charles Baldwin
- Vicky Pinderski
- Jonathan Taylor
- Douglas Davis
- James Malone
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- ROCKY ROAD: Harris hears criticism from all sides amid difficult first trip
- White House Insiders Perplexed by Kamala Harris Answers
- BYE BYE BIBI: Israel’s new prime minister is sworn in, ending Netanyahu’s 12-year grip
- Netanyahu Pushed Out In Razor Thin Vote
- Israel’s new government gets to work after Netanyahu ouster
- Israeli elections: Raucous scenes in Knesset as Benjamin Netanyahu ousted from office
- BURNING BRIDGES: Netanyahu tries to go ‘scorched earth’ in last speech, swipes at Biden administration over Iran
- OPINION: Did Israel Just Have a Constitutional Revolution?
- Op-Ed: Israel’s most diverse coalition ever reaffirms the Middle East’s ‘miracle’ democracy
- G7: Summit Ends With Agreement on Global Minimum Tax and Common Threats
- BACKGROUND: What is the G7 summit? History and significance of the world leaders event
- WHITE HOUSE MEMO: CARBIS BAY G7 SUMMIT COMMUNIQUÉ
- Biden’s Europe Trip Is an End Not a New Beginning
- PUTIN: Putin dismisses criticism of hacking and internal crackdowns ahead of Biden summit
- Joe Biden explains how he’ll handle Putin meeting
- AUTOCRATS: G7: Biden says democracies in ‘contest with autocrats’ as G7 summit ends
- TAKEAWAYS: G7 2021: Takeaways from President Biden’s first summit
- DISAPPOINTMENT: ‘The selfie summit’: Why some economists and activists are disappointed with the G-7
- ANALYSIS: G7 leaders seek right balance in dealing with their China dilemma
- Why Leaders Can’t Stop Talking About China
- China denounces G7 after statement on Xinjiang and Hong Kong
- NATO: Biden and the Democrats Love NATO. Should They?
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.