Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
This week, with ransomware incidents on the rise, we examine how the world economy can be affected by cybercrime, and what various countries are doing to prevent such attacks.
This week on Middle Theory, after looking at what had caused setbacks for U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris as she embarked on her first international trip since taking office, we turn our attention toward a question so serious that it undoubtedly has caused sleeplessness throughout the world: did former President Donald Trump wear his pants backward to a recent event? We also examine controversies surrounding President Biden’s current infrastructure plan, and why one Democrat’s crusade for bipartisanship might have actually made things easier for the opposing party. Finally, we then shift our focus over to the problem of ransomware, and why in recent days it has become such a threat to the global economy that the U.S. is now elevating it to being a form of terrorism. We look at all of this, and much more on this week’s edition of Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Betty June
- Daniel Baumberger
- Charles Baldwin
- Rick Dale
- Robert Westfall
- Robert Walshe
- Daniel Richard
- John Lipartito
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- AF2 SCARE: VP Harris’ plane forced to return due to technical problem
- Kamala Harris heads to Guatemala to talk root causes of migration
- BACKWARD PANTS: Actually, Trump Was NOT Wearing His Pants Backward At Weekend Rally
- THE AGENDA: Time ticking away, Democrats face wrenching test on agenda
- MANCHIN ON: Manchin defends bucking voting rights bill, digs in against the filibuster
- Chris Wallace Grills Joe Manchin Over ‘Naive’ Hopes for Bipartisanship
- Juan Williams: Biden should go it alone
- The global stakes of Biden’s infrastructure negotiations
- REvil, A Notorious Ransomware Gang, Was Behind JBS Cyberattack, The FBI Says
- JBS’ Ransomware Challenges Highlight Larger Cybersecurity Issue In Food And Retail
- FUJIFILM: Fujifilm becomes the latest victim of a network-crippling ransomware attack
- SCHOOL’S OUT: There’s been another spike in attacks on schools and universities
- The cost of ransomware attacks worldwide will go beyond $265 billion in the next decade
- How does ransomware work? Colonial Pipeline, JBS USA attacks explained
- BIDEN’S BURDEN: Ransomware attacks saddle Biden with grave national security crisis
- US mulling military response to ransomware attacks, Biden officials say
- TERRORISM: US to treat ransomware like terrorism
- How to Protect Your Files From Ransomware
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.