This week we discuss the issues surrounding a horrifying murder uploaded to social media, as well as the new conspiracies associated with it.
As we kick things off, we discuss a recent fake news panel Micah participated in, as well as the weird German “spy dolls” which parents who have bought the toys are being told to destroy, lest they be punished. Elsewhere, we have a state chemist who may be responsible for as many as 15,000 wrongful convictions, and finally, Russia’s super-secret EMP weapon that, in a bizarre press release, officials say can both disable U.S. aircraft, as well as keep Russian aircraft and bases from being spotted by U.S. surveillance systems.
Then we turn our attention to a recent murder which occurred on social media, where shooter Steve Stevens randomly filmed his shooting of an innocent grandfather, in apparent response to a break up. After several days at large, the murder suspect was found, and in a brief confrontation with police committed suicide. What are the broader implications of things like murder, torture, sex assault, and other crimes being live-streamed via sites like Facebook? We also look at the various conspiracy theories that have begun to arise in response to the Facebook shooting, where YouTube users and others have begun to question the “official narrative”.
Finally, we examine the latest in the ongoing saga of Alex Jones, whose lawyers have recently claimed that he is a “performance artist”, rather than really saying and believing what he says on his shows. What does this mean for the thousands of fans he has gained in recent years, among them our current commander in chief?
Special thanks to those who donated this week, whose contributions help support the audio production, research, artwork, and other effort that goes into each episode of the podcast:
- Steven Walker, The Minister of Metals
- Richard Dale
- Steve Edwards
- Richard Dale (Ministry of Proofreading)
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get daily news from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]
Finally, here are links to show notes pertaining to this week’s podcast:
- Germany to fine owners of My Friend Cayla dolls $26,000 if they don’t destroy the voice activated, data collecting doll
- 15,000 drug convictions dropped in Massachusetts after state chemist found to be guilty of criminal misconduct in evidence handling
- Russia claims ‘electronic bomb’ can wipe out entire US Navy
- Facebook live streams a murder (sort of, but still disturbing)
- Search for suspect in Facebook homicide video widens
- He hugged his family and said, ‘I’ll see you next time,’ before being gunned down
- Hoaxers and ‘fake news’ claims emerge in Cleveland Facebook killer case
- In child custody case, Alex Jones’s lawyers claim he is only playing the role of an unhinged maniac