Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
As Washington passes the CARES Act, buying time for Americans who are out of work and stuck at home, we look at the economic effects of the pandemic situation, and the usual partisan spin presented by politicians and the media.
America and the rest of the world remain on lockdown… and from this unique period of isolation where safe-spaces can no longer easily be invaded, and fighting and flame wars have been replaced by a sense of togetherness in the face of struggle, we predict that an all-new phenomenon has begun to emerge: the era of the Social Distance Warrior.
Well, not really (but it was a fun play on words). This week, we turn our attention to the latest spate of theories being linked on news sites and social media that attempt to link the coronavirus to Chinese laboratories. USA Today notes that there is little basis for the claim, and points out a number of commentators who have peddled similar ideas… or did they? Then later in the program, we turn our attention to the passing of the CARES Act, how it is intended to help Americans, and why this is important in terms of buying time for the rest of the world and the global economy. However, not all were thrilled about the bill, and many have been asking on both sides of the political fence what the longterm repercussions might be. We analyze all this, and more on this week’s edition of Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Michiel Duijsings
- Jill Ellis
- Brett Giles
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- CLAIM: Chinese researchers isolated deadly bat coronaviruses near Wuhan animal market
- FACT CHECK: Did the coronavirus originate in a Chinese laboratory? (USA Today)
- VIRUS RESCUE BILL: White House, Congress agree on $2 trillion virus rescue bill
- BUYING TIME: Kudlow Projects Coronavirus Aid Package to Reach ‘Roughly’ $6 Trillion
- Mnuchin ‘one of most powerful Cabinet members in modern history’
- Rep. Haley Stevens: “I Wear These Latex Gloves To Tell Every American, Do Not Be Afraid”
- THE BIG PICTURE: The Coronavirus Economy: When Washington Takes Over Business
- THE ACTUAL PICTURE: The Anatomy of the $2 Trillion COVID-19 Stimulus Bill
- RIPPIN’ IT: Nancy Pelosi Is Already Talking About the Next Stimulus Bill for Coronavirus Relief
- TAIBBI: Bailing Out the Bailout: ‘It will take years to sort through the details…’
- WSJ OPINION: ‘Save Capitalism From the Cares Act’
- DESTINATION UNKNOWN: Pentagon says it still hasn’t sent ventilators because it hasn’t been told where to send them
- Fears that Russia’s President Putin has been exposed to infection
- TERRORISTS: Those who intentionally spread coronavirus could be charged as terrorists
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.