This week on Middle Theory, we look at the life and political career of George Herbert Walker Bush, his notable achievements, his idea of a “New World Order,” and his influence on foreign policy throughout the decades.
Leading things off this week, we spend a moment looking at Taoism, which has been on Micah’s mind after a recent conversation he had with history professor and podcaster-extraordinaire Daniele Bolelli, host of The Drunken Taoist and History on Fire podcasts. We feature a segment of our conversation with Bolelli, where we riff for a few minutes on history, philosophy, and Taoism in general.
We then turn our attention to a few recent updates from researcher John Greenwald of The Black Vault, whose ongoing FOIA efforts have resulted in the release of new CIA files pertaining to the MKULTRA program, which involved questionable activities carried out by the CIA between the 1950s and up until 1973.
Finally, we shift our focus during the last half of the program to the life and political career of George Herbert Walker Bush, his notable achievements, and his influence on foreign policy throughout the decades. Bush has been remembered by some as being the last influential presidents in terms of his foreign policy, and of course, having lived and worked in American political life and seen the Cold War play out from beginning to end, we analyze Bush’s famous speech in 1991 where he discussed the need for a “New World Order,” and what he envisioned when he said this in light of his foreign policy.
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Betty June
- Sean O’Neal
- Daniel Baumberger
- Richard Dale
- Mark Stephan
- Robert Walshe
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get news alerts, articles, and podcasts from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
Finally, here are links to stories addressed on this week’s program:
- A BRIEF HISTORY OF TAO: BBC’s Resource Page on Taoism
- BOLELLI ON FIRE: Daniele Bolelli: The Drunken Taoist Podcast
- History on Fire with Daniele Bolelli
- ILLEGAL MKULTRA: Truth about CIA’s illegal MKUltra mind-control experiments revealed in sensational new documents officials hid for decades
- IMPLANTS IN THE UK: Mandatory Implantation of Microchips in Employees? UK Gov’t Says it Would Likely be Illegal
- GEORGE H.W. BUSH’s NEW WORLD ORDER
- Navy aviator George H.W. Bush and his squadron attacked
- Retired Navy Gunner Offers Different Account: Bush Story of War Incident Challenged
- Nixon: Congressman Bush to be U.S. Representative to United Nations (Nixon Foundation)
- George H.W. Bush Foreign Affairs (UVA Miller Center)
- September 11, 1991: Bush Discusses a “New World Order”
- George H.W. Bush’s funeral blends centuries-old traditions with personal touches
- George H.W. Bush: Why we’re not talking about his history with women