This week on Middle Theory, the pieces begin falling together in relation to the ongoing Russia probe, following Michael Cohen’s recent guilty plea in relation to lies he told before Congress.
On this edition of Middle Theory, we lead off with a few anecdotes on MMA fighting (and podcasters who talk about it), as well as the concept of becoming “cursed with knowledge,” before touching on the latest appearance of North Sentinel Island in the news, after a tourist was shot and killed by tribesmen there after his ill-planned trip to the secluded locale ended with a flourish of arrows.
We then turn our attention to evolutionary biologist Bret Weinstein, who revisited his pal Dave Rubin recently to look back on the events from last year at Evergreen State College, where his disagreement with a planned protest thrust him into the public eye. However, has Weinstein—a progressive liberal himself—merely been playing into the hands of conservative media outlets, and thereby contributing to attacks and infringements of the rights of his former Evergreen students? We look at an author who made this claim, and examine the fundamentally important information that the author left out while constructing his argument against Weinstein.
Then getting to the MID, we look at the debacle that has erupted in the aftermath of former Trump attorney Michael Cohen’s guilty plea in relation to lies he told Congress. As the ripple effect continues in the aftermath, we also have Paul Manafort possibly having met with Julian Assange, Roger Stone working with a popular conspiracy theorist (and their possible connections with Assange), and more pivotal developments in the ongoing (and perhaps never-ending) probe into possible collusion or influence by Russia in the 2016 election.
Then in our wrap up, troubling new connections have arisen between sexual predator Jeffery Epstein and a number of high profile individuals, including one former president, and a current one… let’s see if you can guess the two Commanders in Chief we’re referencing here.
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Jill Ellis
- Jennie Vongvith
- John Lipartito
- Jessica Zuccarello
- Dave Butler
- Charles Tucker
- Mark Hankins
- Ali Buchan
- John Jolly
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get news alerts, articles, and podcasts from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
Finally, here are links to stories addressed on this week’s program:
- RETURN TO SENTINEL ISLAND: US tourist killed by arrow-shooting Indian tribe
- WEINSTEIN: Weinstein on The Rubin Report
- Flashback: “Right wing media silencing students at Evergreen”
- MID: THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS
- ASSANGE: Manafort held secret talks with Assange in Ecuadorian embassy
- MANAFORT: Mueller Accuses Paul Manafort of Lying to FBI After Plea Agreement
- The stunning implications of the Manafort-Trump pipeline
- Is the president dangling a pardon for Manafort?
- Absolutely nothing wrong with Manafort’s lawyers talking to Trump’s lawyers
- COHEN: Michael Cohen in court: Trump ex-lawyer admits lying to Congress
- Trump Planned To Give Vladimir Putin The $50 Million Penthouse In Trump Tower Moscow
- STONE: Emails show Stone and Corsi knew Seth Rich story was a lie and that the servers were hacked by the Russians
- Stone: “I Have Been Targeted For One Reason And One Reason Only, I’m Loyal To The President”
- Who is Roger Stone associate Jerome Corsi?
- How are Roger Stone and Jerome Corsi involved in the Mueller investigation?
- TRUMP: Trump denies working on Moscow real estate project
- Special Counsel investigating Trump’s late-night calls to Roger Stone
- EPSTEIN: How a future Trump Cabinet member gave a serial sex abuser the deal of a lifetime
- Summary from National Review here