This week, we look at how the opinions of leading conservative media personalities like Matt Drudge are swaying public opinion in favor of Donald Trump’s impeachment.
More Americans these days are complaining about issues with anxiety. In fact, one recent poll suggests that one in every five believe they suffer from an undiagnosed anxiety disorder. What could be the cause behind this, and what role does social media play in causing anxiety and general unhappiness among Americans? We also look at the “nontroversy” surrounding talk host Ellen DeGeneres, who appeared next to former President George W. Bush recently at a Dallas Cowboys game, and media reactions to the unusual alliance between them.
In a recent Fox News poll, slightly more than half of Americans appear to be in favor of Donald Trump’s impeachment and removal from office. This was certainly a surprise to be coming from a conservative media outlet, although they weren’t the only ones on the political right reporting unfavorable news about Trump in recent weeks. Matt Drudge, the reclusive and highly influential owner of The Drudge Report, has recently drawn attention for featuring news and headlines that appear to cast the President he once supported in a negative light.
Even Republican talk radio host Rush Limbaugh has commented on Drudge’s apparent about-face in recent weeks… but what kind of effect is this having on Trump’s potential voter base for 2020, and could key players like Drudge actually be the reason behind recent polls showing lackluster support for Trump?
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Betty June
- Daniel Baumberger
- Robert Westfall
- James Malone
- John Lipartito
- Robert Walshe
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- ROBO NO-GO: Californian RoboCop Had To Deal With Its First Crime, And It Did Not Go Well
- NERVOUS NATION: 1 In 5 Americans Believe They Have An Undiagnosed Anxiety Disorder
- BE KIND: Ellen DeGeneres discusses sitting with George W. Bush at Ball Game
- Dear Ellen: The Problem With George W. Bush Is Not His Beliefs — It’s His War Crimes
- WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY: Fox News Poll: Record support for Trump impeachment
- DRUDGE RETORT: Matt Drudge, an influential figure in conservative media, sours on Trump as he faces impeachment
- Limbaugh: Have You Looked At The Drudge Report Lately? “It Makes It Look Like This Country’s Finished”
- Limbaugh transcript from caller about Matt Drudge
- SO LONG, SHEP: Shepard Smith to Leave Fox News
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.