This week we look at shifting attitudes among Americans in response to the recent Democratic Debate, and whether the Democratic message is one that voters in the Midwest can get behind.
Behold, the signs of the times… families locked up in basement bunkers literally awaiting “the end of time,” as well as world leaders riding majestic white stallions to sacred mountaintops, destabilization in the Middle East, and perhaps most telling of all, USA Today becoming the latest casualty of the Internet Age, with reports the leading “McPaper” may be phasing out its print edition altogether. The times they are a-changin’… but what does that mean?
After world news and other commentary, we take a look at American attitudes in relation to issues discussed by Democratic hopefuls during the latest round of debates, which ranked as the largest in history. Among the topics discussed were Joe Biden’s son and the present Ukraine scandal, Elizabeth Warren’s Medicare for All plan, and the lack of substantive answers as to how it will be paid for without imposing undue tax burdens on Americans, and of course, the impeachment of Donald Trump.
However, many pundits were asking questions about the age of frontrunners Biden, Warren, and Sanders, as well as whether many of these Democrats are shifting too far to the left with their messages and policies. In an unexpected response to this leftward-shift, Pete Buttigieg, mayor of Southbend, Indiana, made quite an impact during the debate, which raises more fundamental questions about whether voters in the Midwest will get behind the message of messages that are increasingly being compared to “culture wars.”
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Scott Dais
- Shelly Orlandini
- Sascha Neubauer
- Jessica Riley
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- AWAITING THE END: Dutch family locked in cellar for years were ‘waiting for the end of time’
- KIM’S SACRED SPACE: ‘Defiant message’ as N.Korea’s Kim rides white horse on sacred mountain
- McPAPER ONLINE… ONLY: USA TODAY phasing out print edition
- TRASH TALK: Erdogan put letter from Trump on Syria withdrawal “in the bin”
- Trump appears to confirm open secret about US nuclear weapons in Turkey
- POLL SHIFT: Congress Approval, Support for Impeaching Trump Both Up to 52%
- Ony Once Has Gallup Seen More Support for Impeaching a President
- McConnell Tells Senators to “Prepare for Impeachment” by Thanksgiving
- DEBATE UPDATE: Invisible man: Biden fades into background as focus switches to Warren
- Is This Elizabeth Warren’s Democratic Party?
- BUTTIGIEG: Here’s why pundits are praising Pete Buttigieg’s performance in Ohio
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.