Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
This week in addition to election news, we examine the devastating wildfires in California, and how the record heat in western states is leading to widespread power shortages.
As the chaos of 2020 continues, Labor Day weekend was full of surprises for sports fans, with an upset win at the legendary Kentucky Derby, and an upset tennis player at the U.S. Open following his disqualification. Then getting to our Election Update, we analyze what a variety of polls show about President Donald Trump’s popularity, and what the current spread in percentages among likely voters is between him and his Democratic challenger, Joe Biden. Meanwhile, sound bites of both of the presidential contenders show that they appear to have a similar low opinion of each other… elsewhere, more naked protests are underway as social unrest spreads to Rochester, following the death of a black man after he was restrained by police.
However, with the summer heat in full swing and record temperatures being logged in states like California, we turn our attention to the devastating wildfires occurring in that state, asking what their more widespread effects will be. Although it is hard to argue that climate is a significant contributor to this growing problem, we also ask why the modern state of climate science is such a politically divisive issue, and whether it can’t be seen as a bipartisan concern.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- CDC Foundation Coronavirus Relief
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- Direct Relief: Coronavirus Pandemic
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Doctors Without Borders: COVID 19
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Betty June
- Daniel Baumberger
- Richard Dale
- Chris Martin
- Edith Wacker
- Daniel Richard
- Connie Fletcher
- Brian Davis
- Robert Walshe
- Mark Hankins II
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- AUTHENTIC UPSET: Authentic Wins 2020 Kentucky Derby
- YOU’RE DJOKING: Djokovic out of US Open after hitting judge with ball
- World No 1 fumes at umpire for decision
- ELECTION UPDATE: 538: Daily presidential tracking polls
- National President: general election Polls
- USC Dornsife – Election 2020 | Understanding America Study
- STUPIDITY: Biden’s a stupid person. You know that: President Trump on Labor Day
- FLASHBACK: Biden called Trump stupid last year
- NAKED AND UNAFRAID: Naked protesters demand action after Daniel Prude’s killing
- What is a “spit hood”?
- PORTLAND: Protesters light fire near Portland police precinct
- MID: THE HEAT IS ON: 121℉: Weather service records hottest temp on record in LA County
- San Fran shatters 1904 heat record by 8 degrees
- California Turns Into Furnace
- Grid operator warns of rotating power outages in record heat wave
- THE BIG REVEAL: Pyrotechnic device at gender reveal party blamed for wildfire in California
- WRAP UP: Assange faces 18 new charges as he appears in court to fight US extradition
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.