Following confirmation of the poisoning of Russian opposition figure and anti-corruption activist Alexei Navalny, we look at international dynamics on the eve of the Russian elections.
This week, as we are just 50 days away from the forthcoming U.S. election, it’s all eyes on Russia in the aftermath of the poisoning of Russian opposition figure and anti-corruption activist Alexei Navalny. It was confirmed by experts in Germany, France, and other countries that Navalny was poisoned using a Cold War era toxin called Novichok. Russia denies any culpability in the incident, as Navalny remains in Germany under intensive care.
We examine this incident and its implications for international politics, along with an Election Update and ongoing coverage of the wildfires and storm season in the U.S. on this week’s edition of Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- CDC Foundation Coronavirus Relief
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- Direct Relief: Coronavirus Pandemic
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Doctors Without Borders: COVID 19
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Edith Wacker
- Vicky Pinderski
- Robert Westfall
- Jon Lipartito
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- SPIN CYCLE: 5 Tropical Cyclones In The Atlantic Basin Simultaneously – Is This A Record?
- FIRE: Trump to meet with California Gov. Newsom; ‘elevated’ fire conditions today; air quality may not improve until October
- CONSPIRACY: 911 dispatchers in Oregon flooded with calls about conspiracy theory amplified by QAnon: report
- ELECTION UPDATE: Biden is favored to win the election
- Nevada Gov. Sisolak slams Trump for holding big indoor rally, violating state rules
- Fox News poll shows Trump losing to Biden on “mental soundness”
- TWO-TIMERS: ‘Do Not Do What the President Directs’: North Carolina AG Warns Against Voting Twice After Trump Tweet
- FREAK POWER: Transgender Satanist anarchist wins Republican nomination for county sheriff
- TOXICITY: Russian opposition leader Navalny able to leave his bed
- What is Novichok?
- Germany is mulling economic sanctions against Russia. Do they actually work?
- ELSEWHERE: US starts procedure at UN to reactivate Iran sanctions
- FLASHBACK: August: Iran sentences 2 men to prison over spying for Germany, Israel and UK
- MEANWHILE: Russians vote in regional polls overshadowed by Navalny poisoning
- Kremlin set for election wins, but Navalny supporters make rare gains in Siberia
- WRAP UP: UAE official calls normalization of ties with Israel ‘historic’
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.