This week we recap the RNC Convention and other news, before turning our attention to a special report on the recent protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin following the police shooting of Jacob Blake.
2020 has proven to be a year of confusing, and very troubling times. We lead off this week with news and coverage of the Republican Party and its Virtual Convention in recent days, along with other Election Updates, before shifting our focus over toward the recent violent protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Social unrest emerged in the days following graphic video appeared online, depicting a police shooting of Jacob Blake, a black man who is presently hospitalized, and believed to have been left paralyzed after the incident. Protests ensued, which resulted in a response that included militia groups in the region, who attended while armed with the stated purpose of defending property including car dealerships (one of which had been burned on the initial night that protests ensued).
However, chaos ensued when a 17-year-old named Kyle Rittenhouse was filmed apparently shooting protestors attempting to accost him; Rittenhouse has subsequently been charged with intentional homicide. We attempt to understand how the situation unfolded, examining media coverage which may have been misleading, as well as partisan political responses to these tragic events.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- CDC Foundation Coronavirus Relief
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- Direct Relief: Coronavirus Pandemic
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Doctors Without Borders: COVID 19
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Edith Wacker
- Jon Haskins
- Jennie Vongvith
- Ali Buchan
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- CITIZEN CAIN: ‘Zombie’ Herman Cain Tweets That Coronavirus ‘Not As Deadly’ As Media Said
- ELECTION UPDATE: Biden to resume in-person campaigning
- Intelligence director to stop in-person briefings to Congress
- PROTEST NATION: Protesters confront Rand Paul outside White House after RNC
- “I don’t think we’d have survived”: Rand Paul recounts confrontation with protesters after RNC
- JACOB BLAKE SHOOTING: Wisconsin DOJ Issues New Statement, Names 2 Other Officers
- Jacob Blake is handcuffed to his hospital bed, family says
- VIGILANTE: 17-year-old arrested after 2 killed during unrest in Kenosha
- Accused Kenosha teen shooter acted in self-defense, says lawyer
- Kyle Rittenhouse, Kenosha shooting: Suspect considered himself militia
- DISMISSAL: Chauvin, accused in George Floyd’s death, wants murder charges dismissed
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.