This week, we examine the fallout after Donald Trump’s embarrassing appearance at the 2018 Helsinki Summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
This week on Middle Theory, we begin with a look at the controversy associated with fraudulent charges made to users of the popular Uber App, who find that a so-called ‘vomit charge’ has been erroneously added to their bill. Also on the subject of fraud, we look at allegations made against Elon Musk recently, following his explosive attacks against one of the divers who assisted in the rescue of the Thai soccer team trapped in a cave in recent weeks.
However, the big news this week involves the Helsinki Summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian president Vladimir Putin, which has drawn criticisms from the international community after Donald Trump’s laughable performance, which became self-contradictory in the days following the widely publicized meeting. Some intelligence experts now believe there may even be cause for belief in an element of blackmail against Trump that the Russians may be enacting… we weigh such claims on this edition of the podcast.
A special thank you to those who donated this week:
- Steven Walker
- Jennie Vongvith
- Pete Yarnold
- Ali Buchan
- John Jolly
- Jennifer Malatesta
- Brett Giles
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get news alerts, articles, and podcasts from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
Finally, here are links to stories addressed on this week’s program:
- VOMIT FRAUD: Uber has Issues with ‘vomit fraud’ claims in Miami
- THE LAST SUPPER: BOURDAIN’S FINAL INTERVIEW
- Bourdain’s final interview talks about “rapey, gropey” Bill Clinton and Harvey Weinstein
- MID: DONALD TRUMPKA: Discord over Trump’s Helsinki humiliation hands Putin another win\
- OPINION: GOP Senator Offers Crazy Theory For Why Trump Didn’t Stand Up To Putin
- ‘Trump isn’t first president to embarrass America by cozying up to Putin’
- Trump Defends Helsinki performance
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling
- Trump misspeaks on Russian relations – 2:25 – 2:59
- Trump responds to “treasonous” assertions on Tucker Carlson
- “CBS Evening News” anchor Jeff Glor talks with Trump
- Ex-CIA chief Steve Hall on Trump-Putin summit: “I feel sick”
- Madeleine Albright on Putin summit: I am worrying more
- Key moments from the Trump-Putin press conference
- Putin denies having compromising material on Trump and his family
- Russia Liquidates US Treasury Holdings
- Putin Trespassed in NATO Airspace on Way to Summit
- STAND YOUR GROUND LAWS: The Effects of Stand-Your-Ground Laws
- Gunman in parking space shooting not charged because of ‘Stand Your Ground’ law