This week on Middle Theory, a slew of recent Supreme Court developments have raised questions, and controversy, in the era of Donald Trump.
As we kick things off this week, we begin by examining a recent attack made against YouTube talk host Dave Rubin by his former associates The Young Turks, and its similarity to a recent “warning” by conspiracy theorist Alex Jones to his friend Joe Rogan about forthcoming EU legislation that could ban memes.
Then getting to the MID, we examine the recent controversies surrounding the Supreme Court, which include the High Court’s ruling that the third version of president Donald Trump’s controversial Travel Ban is indeed constitutional. Meanwhile, will, Justice Anthony Kennedy’s decision to retire creates another opportunity for Trump to pack the court with conservative-leaning judges? We examine all this, and more current events on this week’s edition of the podcast.
A special thank you to those who donated this week:
- Lars Knapp
- Brian Hawes
- Jill Ellis
- Chris Beggio
- Jennie Vongvith
- Jessica Zuccarell
- Mark Hankins II
- Ali Buchan
- John Jolly
- Brett Giles
- Jennifer Malatesta
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get news alerts, articles, and podcasts from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
Finally, here are links to stories addressed on this week’s program:
- AJ TO JR: “THEY GOT TO HIM”:Alex Jones has a message for Joe Rogan
- MEMES NO MORE: EU votes to effectively ban memes electronically as Article 13 ‘copyright filter’ passes
- HEY RUBE: Dave Rubin Is A CLUELESS Fraud
- MID: COURTING DISASTER
- TRAVEL BANTER: Supreme Court Upholds Donald Trump’s Third Travel Ban
- ANTHONY’S OUT: Anthony Kennedy: US Supreme Court judge to retire
- President Trump’s List Of Replacements For Justice Kennedy’s Supreme Court Seat
- UNIONS: Supreme Court Ruling Delivers a Sharp Blow to Labor Unions
- Opinion: Supreme Court won’t have the last word on worker rights
- TAXES: Supreme Court says states can force online shoppers to pay sales tax
- ABORTIONS: U.S. Supreme Court makes it harder for women to get abortions
- Opinion: U.S. Supreme Court protects ‘fake women’s health centers’
- GERRYMANDERING: Supreme Court sidesteps partisan gerrymandering cases, let maps stand
- Related: Texas, Latinos, and Racial Bias: How the Court is changing the rules on voting
- HIGH COURT: Supreme Court Cites Doctors’ Medical Marijuana Free Speech Rights In Abortion Case
- CNN: “This feels like a tipping point on marijuana legalization”
- ACROSS THE POND: U.K. Supreme Court Rules It’s Unfair To Offer Civil Unions Only To Same-Sex Couples
- WRAP UP: CAPITAL GAZETTE SHOOTING: Annapolis shooting suspect “an injustice collector,” former FBI profiler says
- Newspaper Staff Warned Years Ago to Call 911 if They Saw Jarrod Ramos
- Five states allow guns to be seized before someone can commit violence