This week on Middle Theory, we kick things off by remembering that most famous ancient Chinese curse (which may or may not actually be an authentic, ancient Chinese curse, but nonetheless… ). Our discussion moves from talk of Oliver Stone’s recent series of interviews with Russian leader Vladimir Putin, to government surveillance, domestic spying, and the “War on Terror”. We also highlight a piece of “secret audio” produced by Alex Jones of InfoWars, who secretly recorded calls he had with Megyn Kelly… the latter of whom is in the midst of losing sponsors due to fallout after the announcement of the interview.
The focus of our discussion, however, is on the shooting incident involving members of Congress at a Washington baseball field earlier this week, where a disgruntled Bernie Sanders supporter took lethal action against a member of Congress and several staffers. Fortunately no one was killed, except from the shooter himself, James Hodgkinson. What do we learn from a terrible incident like this, and how does media spin and “contrived controversy” in American politics contribute to these problems?
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get daily news from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
Finally, here are links to stories discussed on this week’s program:
- CIA Firmware has been infecting routers for years
- Sponsors boycott Megyn Kelly after Alex Jones interview
- JP Morgan Chase among sponsors to pull ads from Kelly’s NBC show
- Fed Raises Rates Despite Data
- Federal Reserve issues FOMC statement
- Federal Reserve forges on with rate hike, asset plan amid inflation worry
- The New York Times vows to stand by theater despite Trump-“Julius Caesar” controversy
- Delta, Bank of America drop sponsorship of ‘Julius Caesar’ stunt that shows Trump assassination
- Lawmaker Steve Scalise is critically injured in GOP baseball shooting; gunman is killed by police
- GOP baseball gunman Hodgkinson was disgruntled Bernie Sanders supporter
- Gunman James Hodgkinson: 5 facts
- Politico reporter trots out bogus Steve Scalise ‘racial issues’ following shooting
- Steve Scalise shooting: Is liberal-conservative vitriol to blame?