Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
This week we look at the alleged “Obamagate” scandal, the claims behind it, what they actually mean, and the “righteous quibbling” that has resulted.
Finally… a distraction from the coronavirus pandemic worthy of discussion! As the Justice Department closes shop on its investigation of Michael Flynn, controversy erupts, and President Donald Trump has found a new favorite catchphrase: “Obamagate.”
On the political right, it has been called the “scandal of the century,” while the political left says there’s nothing to see here. Even President Trump, when recently asked what crimes, exactly, Barack Obama and Joe Biden are alleged to have committed, responded only by saying “Obamagate.” So who in Washington actually knows what this scandal is all about? We look at what newly released documents have to say about the affair, the precedent in the intelligence community for “unmasking” that makes it a more frequent occurrence than some are alleging, why William Barr says no charges will be brought against Obama and Biden, and other details of the controversy on this edition of Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- CDC Foundation Coronavirus Relief
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- Direct Relief: Coronavirus Pandemic
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Shelly Orlandini
- Jessica Riley
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- TERRORISM: FBI: Shooter at Pensacola military base link to al-Qaida
- SHORT TERM: Biden’s VP search puts spotlight on how long he’ll serve
- WHAT’S THE MESSAGE: Barack Obama’s three lessons for college graduates
- OBAMAGATE: What is Obamagate?
- TIMELINE: May 7: U.S. Drops Michael Flynn Case, in Move Backed by Trump
- DOCUMENT: “Government’s Decision to Dismiss the Criminal Information Against the Defendant Michael T. Flynn”
- May 13: Biden, Comey Among Obama-Era Officials Who May Have Received Flynn Intel
- DOCUMENT: Office of the Director of National Intelligence memo of Obama era staffers who may have received intelligence reporting connected to Flynn.
- Trump is right: ‘OBAMAGATE’ is ‘the biggest political crime in American history’ | Will Bunch
- May 18: Barr doesn’t expect Obama, Biden criminal investigations
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.