Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
This week, bizarre connections begin to arise between several high-profile court cases in “Chicagoland,” affected by the controversial decision by authorities to drop charges against actor Jussie Smollett.
As we lead off, we take a look at a recent report which found that federal spending is at an all-time high… much like it has been over the course of the last several U.S. presidencies. While things are business as usual in Washington, we also check in on the outcome of the Mueller report, and divided responses to it in the Capital, before taking a look at conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who during a recent deposition statement that appeared online referred to his own conspiracy theorizing as being akin to a form of “psychosis.”
Then later in the program, as connections begin to arise between several high-profile court cases in Chicago, all of which have been affected by the controversial decision by authorities to drop charges against actor Jussie Smollett, we look at how pending charges against singer R. Kelly might be affected, and what it means for celebrity attorney Michael Avenatti, who represents one of the accusers in Kelly’s case, as well as a Seagram’s heiress who is out on bond after fainting in court during questioning in relation to her alleged involvement with the bizarre NXIVM sex cult. However, it doesn’t help that Avenatti is looking at legal troubles of his own, after being accused of attempted extortion of the Nike shoe company.
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Jill Ellis
- Jessica Zuccarello
- Mark Hankins II
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get news alerts, articles, and podcasts from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]
Finally, here are links to stories addressed on this week’s program:
- AJ ON TRIAL:Alex Jones compares conspiracy thinking to “psychosis” during deposition
- Joe Rogan appears on InfoWars
- MUELLER: Poll: After Barr Letter, Overwhelming Majority Wants Full Mueller Report Released
- Dems mock ‘scaredy-cat’ GOP, demand Mueller’s full 300 pages
- Democrats say they will accuse Barr of a ‘cover up’ if he delivers incomplete Mueller report
- THE BIG PAYBACK: Jussie Smollett investigation cost $130,000 in OT. Rahm Emanuel says Chicago will make ‘Empire’ actor pay
- Jussie Smollett fiasco could taint Chicago prosecutors preparing to try R. Kelly
- The Connection Between Jussie Smollett and the Obama Administration
- Seagram’s heiress Clare Bronfman faints in federal court after judge asks if Michael Avenatti acted as her lawyer
- SCIENCE, BELIEF AND SKEPTICISM: Atheism is inconsistent with science, says Dartmouth physicist Marcelo Gleiser
- Why I Don’t “Believe” in “Science”