This week the mainstream media reports on the Democratic Primaries from an alternate dimension, and Trump takes a victory lap after his acquittal by Senate Republicans.
It’s a “2020 mystery,” according to Politico. “Who’s the frontrunner now?” the site asked in an article that prominently featured a wide shot of Mayor Pete Buttigieg. Things were less mysterious for Reuters, who reported that “Pete Buttigieg finishes second in New Hampshire primary, Klobuchar third.” Hmmm… are we forgetting somebody?
“They Rocked New Hampshire,” The Nation reported, “but Pete and Amy Still Can’t Win Over Black Voters?” What did all of these, and many other media outlets appear to miss in their reporting of the New Hampshire Primary? Oh yeah, that’s right… the name of the Vermont Senator who won it.
Meanwhile, “The Trump Show” continued before a live studio audience with the State of the Union address, which was packed with enough surprises and staged stunts that many of us at home expected Evel Knievel to rise from the grave and sail through the air above Congress on a flaming motorcycle. Needless to say, it was quite a production, which ended with a frustrated Nancy “The Ripper” Pelosi shredding her copy of Trump’s address to the nation. All of this occurring prior to Trump’s acquittal by Senate Republicans… with one notable exception of course (here’s a hint: he counts drinking chocolate milk among his many “renegade” practices).
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Betty June
- Georgi Bonchev
- Jessica Zucarello
- John Lipartito
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- NEW HAMPSHIRE: 2020 mystery: Who’s the frontrunner now?
- Pete Buttigieg finishes second in New Hampshire primary, Klobuchar third
- They Rocked New Hampshire—but Pete and Amy Still Can’t Win Over Black Voters
- Sanders edges Buttigieg in NH, giving Dems 2 front-runners
- Voter says she’s backing Sanders because of negative coverage on MSNBC
- SOTU: Trump Adds Reality Show Flourishes to Address
- Trump’s theatrical State of the Union prompts partisan outrage
- Nancy Pelosi defends tearing up the State of the Union address
- THE ACQUITTAL: After acquittal, Trump unleashes fury at impeachment
- THE RENEGADE: How Mitt Romney Decided Trump Is Guilty
- BAD TASTE: Limbaugh: “Trump” will “have fun” with Buttigieg because he kisses his husband
- IRONY: Video shows black woman shouting she is ‘uncomfortable’ by ‘too many whites’ at UVA multicultural center
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.