This week on Middle Theory, we discuss the highlights, and controversies surrounding the inauguration of Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America.
It is “a uniquely American expression of our Constitutional system”, the ceremonial inauguration of our incoming leadership in America. However, this year’s inauguration of Donald Trump as President of the United States has been met with much criticism, resulting in marches, protests, and other unrest.
Among the topics we cover this week, in addition to general news and the commutation of Chelsea Manning, is a controversial CNN story about what is called the “designated survivor”, which outlined how an Obama appointee could become president in the event that a catastrophe led to “the unthinkable” on inauguration day.
Special thanks to those who donated this week, whose contributions help support the audio production, research, artwork, and other effort that goes into each episode of the podcast:
- Jennifer Malatesta
- Jina Jameson
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get daily news from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]
Finally, here are links to show notes pertaining to this week’s podcast:
- MYSTERY: Soldier found dead at Fort Hood is 12th to die there in last 2 months
- Former House speaker Hastert wants his $1.7M back from sex abuse victim
- 12-year-old Georgia girl live-streamed her suicide; Facebook took 2 weeks to take video down
- Clinton Global Initiative laying off employees amidst downturn in donations
- Brazil supreme court judge handling graft case against politicians dies in plane crash
- Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- ‘Justice has been served,’ Obama says of Chelsea Manning clemency
- Why Chelsea Manning’s Commutation Likely Won’t Mean Leniency for Edward Snowden
- Along with Manning, here are the others who received pardons and commutations from Obama
- Forget Chelsea Manning. This is the Obama pardon you should be mad about.
- Julian Assange will stand by offer to go the US after Barack Obama releases Chelsea Manning
- CNN does report on “what happens tomorrow if Trump is ass—–ted”
- InfoWars: Unnamed ‘disaster’ at inauguration could put Obama appointee in office
- Protesters block security checkpoints throughout Washington DC
- Familiar Transfer of Power Will Usher in a Different Kind of President
- The “transabled” people who identify as physically disabled people despite being perfectly healthy