This week on Middle Theory, we look at President Trump’s first week in office, and the executive orders he has passed dealing with immigration and other issues.
Kicking things off this week, it was a sad week for beer bottling as we learn of a massive Sierra Nevada recall due to a potential packaging flaw emanating from the company’s home near Micah’s own neck of the woods. Which is a shame, since many of us felt we might need a bottle or two after the last week, in which a number of directives were signed by President Trump which could bring CIA “black bag prisons”, as well as suspensions of visas to citizens from numerous muslim countries which have already begun to take effect.
While Trump has his critics, some remain hopeful… like Noam Chomsky, who recently advised the listenership of Democracy Now! on how to cope with his presidency. Elsewhere, in an unlikely show of support for Trump, Piers Morgan has had some much more positive things to say… and advises the American public to think twice before ruling him out as an effective leader. We discuss all this, and more, this MORN on the Middle Theory podcast.
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get daily news from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]
Finally, here are links to show notes pertaining to this week’s podcast:
- Sierra Nevada recalls beer bottled in Mills River, NC from 36 states due to packaging flaw
- Trump signs directive potentially allowing CIA black bag prisons to re-open, torture to resume
- Trump signs directive ordering the suspension of visas to citizens of numerous Muslim countries
- Trump bans EPA employees from providing social media updates
- Gorbachev: The world is preparing for war
- Ex-KGB head believed to be responsible for Trump dossier found murdered in car
- 1950s Western Show ‘Predicts’ Donald Trump… sort of
- Elon Musk might actually be serious about digging tunnels under Los Angeles
- Trump to act on Mexico border wall, bolster immigration police
- Trump to sign executive orders enabling construction of proposed border wall and targeting sanctuary cities
- Pena Nieto cancels meeting with Trump following wall-talk
- Trump expected to order temporary ban on refugees
- Trump may further executive order by requiring cell phone screening – foreign visitors will relinquish their social media accounts, websites they visit, and allow access to their phone books
- Noam Chomsky on how to deal with a Trump presidency
- Piers Morgan discusses Trump… and what he says may surprise you