Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
This week on on Middle Theory, a Buzzfeed article alleging Russia may have compromising information about President Elect Donald Trump has caused upset at a unique moment between presidencies.
But first, we spend a bit of time discussing trending news, which includes (as usual) Julian Assange, who has managed to prove he’s still alive using BitCoin (not that his recent interview with Sean Hannity left any question about this… but apparently that’s beside the point). We also discuss the upcoming changes to the Affordable Care Act, which are expected to arrive before the House by Friday the 13th. Will the potential repeal of Obamacare turn out, like the date in question, to be a real-life horror movie?
Then we turn our attention to college tuition, student loan debts, and why Bernie Sanders has said he actually agrees with Donald Trump on at least one issue. Will it be the last time? What appeared to be more disagreeable was Trump’s attitude during a recent news conference, in which the President Elect was on the defensive following the release of an article by Buzzfeed, which was extrapolated on by CNN, alleging that Russian intelligence possessed compromising information about Trump. Specifically, a video purporting to show Trump in the company of “ladies of the night” being instructed to urinate on each other in a Moscow hotel room has had “#GoldenShowers” trending on Twitter.
Whatever the case, it was an unprecedented moment at Trump’s first news conference to see him calling out a CNN reporter, and calling them “fake news”. This now universally-popular term appears to have taken on an all new meaning…
Special thanks to those who donated this week, whose contributions help support the audio production, research, artwork, and other effort that goes into each episode of the podcast:
- Mark Hankins II
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get daily news from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]
Finally, here are links to show notes pertaining to this week’s podcast:
- Remembering Aaron Swartz, 5 years after suicide
- American and Russian Jet Fighters Dogfight… on Election Day… over Area 51
- Senate moves forward in goal to repeal/replace ObamaCare
- BERN agrees with Trump’s assessment that Big Pharma is getting away with murder
- Julian Assange reads Bitcoin sequence to assure supporters of his health
- ’Farewell, my black president: Barack Obama sounds a note of hope, and a note of warning’
- Trump Doesn’t Back Down During Press Conference
- Trump blasts intel officials: ‘Are we living in Nazi Germany?’
- Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him
- Trump claims intelligence chief denounced ‘false’ dossier
- Donald Trump Wasn’t Told About Unverified Russia Dossier, Official Says
- Trump Dismisses Russian Connection Allegations As ‘Fake News’
- Spy chief trashes leaks, assures Trump of loyalty
- Assemblymember Wants Teens To Learn How To Spot ‘Fake News’