This week, we look at struggles among Democrats to find compromise in advance of a widely anticipated vote on infrastructure and safety net bills.
As we begin our analysis of news this week, alarm bells were ringing following the diagnosis of White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki with COVID 19, who dropped off of a planned international trip with President Biden due to what was described as a family emergency. Also, actor Alec Baldwin finally spoke with the press about the recent tragic incident on the set of the film Rust involving a prop weapon, and all eyes are on the Supreme Court as it prepares to hear cases involving two of the most contentious issues in America today: abortion and gun rights.
Then later in the program, we examine the upheaval among Democrats in recent days, as they work their way toward finding approval for President Biden’s proposed infrastructure and safety net bills this week. While progressives have called for support of the bill, many Senators warn that they may break ranks with their fellow members of Congress if key climate language ends up being omitted… but what does all of this say about the state of the Democratic Party as the midterm elections arrive, and more importantly, how does it reflect what recent polls are showing about President Biden’s current numbers?
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Pam Hajcek
- Emily Taylor
- Jill Ellis
- Elizabeth Hove
- Brett Giles
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- PROOF POSITIVE: Jen Psaki tests positive for COVID 19
- BALDWIN SPEAKS: Alec Baldwin Doubts ‘Rust’ Will Continue After Halyna Hutchins’ Death
- BACK IN BLUE: Mayoral candidates align with police in setback for Black Lives Matter
- COURT: Supreme Court embarks on most dramatic reckoning for abortion in decades
- What would happen if Roe v Wade were overturned?
- Gun Rights Case Could Upend Big City Restrictions
- INFRASTRUCTURE: House Democrats eye Tuesday vote on infrastructure and safety net bills
- Democrats Divided Over Tax Proposals to Pay for Budget Bill
- What Happened Today in Biden Infrastructure and Spending Talks
- COMPROMISE: Progressives fear compromise could jeopardize midterm hopes
- Some Democrats warn they could vote against giant spending bill if key climate provisions nixed
- Sanders: All Democrat senators need to agree on framework of economic bill before House vote
- 2022 FEARS: Virginia race, Biden’s stalled agenda and low polls have Democrats fearing 2022
- The suburban Virginia block that explains how Democrats might be about to blow it
- BIDEN’S NEW LOW: Biden’s job rating sinks to 42 percent in NBC News poll a year from midterms
- 71% Believe Country on Wrong Track
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.