This week, we look at the controversy surrounding “The Facebook Papers,” what they reveal about the company’s policies, and how they are impacting society.
This week, Joe Biden’s approval ratings have dropped to the lowest they have been since he took office… which is still higher than another recent president’s approval ratings at this stage in his presidency. We also touch on the developing story of remains recovered that the FBI says belong to Brian Laundrie, whose girlfriend was found dead in Wyoming weeks ago.
Then we shift our attention to the newly released trove of documents dubbed “The Facebook Papers,” which provide a revealing look at how the tech giant’s policies and practices may have influenced the siege on Capitol Hill in January, and helped foment unrest in society in various other areas throughout recent years. Lastly, we also examine recent allegations that the CIA considered assassinating Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, following the damaging release of the spy agency’s “Vault 7” documents.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Jennie Vongvith
- Jessica Riley
- Jennifer Garland
- Mark Hankins II
- Stacia Schwartz
- Ali Buchan
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- NEW LOWS: Biden approval ratings are worse than recent presidents except 1
- DIRTY LAUNDRIE: Autopsy of Brian Laundrie’s remains came back inconclusive, attorney says
- BAD DEBT: A mom told Jeff Bezos that Amazon was underpaying her $90 a month, sparking an internal probe that found the company was shortchanging some workers, a report says
- PFIZER FOR PROFIT: In secret vaccine contracts with governments, Pfizer took hard line in push for profit, report says
- THE FACEBOOK PAPERS
- Facebook internal documents show execs knew platform spread misinformation, failed to act
- MEANWHILE IN THE UK: Facebook whistleblower has given MPs much to think about
- Facebook Calms Investors Despite Onslaught of Bad News
- BACK IN BLACK: Facebook shares rise as investors focus on earnings, look past doc dump
- Facebook invests billions in metaverse efforts as ad business slows
- So long, Facebook, this goodbye is forever
- WAR AGAINST WIKILEAKS: Kidnapping, assassination and a London shoot-out: Inside the CIA’s secret war plans against WikiLeaks
- PRELUDE: How the DOJ almost offered an immunity deal to Julian Assange
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.