Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to Middle Theory Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS
This week on the podcast, we look at “zombie” politics in America, and the operation that led to the recent takedown of the leader of ISIL, as announced by the Trump administration.
Around this time every year, the dead begin rising from the grave… and in a similar way every four years, just like the walking dead, the ghosts and corporeal cadavers of the American political past begin shambling onto stages and appealing to voters. Specifically, we mean the political ideologies and processes that have successfully elected candidates in the past, which according to many commentators today, are simply outdated. One example, given recently by New York Magazine, is the “Zombie Campaign” of Democratic front-runner Joe Biden, an affair more than a half-century in the making that looks a lot more like the politics of several decades ago, rather than the kind of front-running campaign we’d expect today.
Then in what will likely be viewed in years to come as a defining moment of Donald Trump’s presidency, we look at the recent operation that led to the death of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Since the operation, announced by Donald Trump in a press conference on Sunday, ISIS has already allegedly appointed another leader, amidst claims that Baghdadi may not have been running the group. We also look at how Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw US troops from Syria might have ‘jeopardized’–or even catalyzed–the Baghdadi mission, and how the Washington Post was getting backlash for it’s a twice-changed headline that called the ISIS terrorist leader an ‘austere religious scholar’.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Jon Haskins
- Georgi Bonchev
- Jamie Craven
- Brian Davis
- Mark Hankins II
- Jessica Zucarello
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- SOCIALIST MEDIA: 7 in 10 millennials say they would vote for a socialist: poll
- 1 In 3 Millennials See Communism As Favorable, Survey Finds
- WEEKEND AT BIDEN’S: The Zombie Campaign: Joe Biden is the least formidable front-runner ever. Will it matter?
- BAGHDADI DOWN: The tip, the raid, the reveal: The takedown of al-Baghdadi
- ISIS Already Has a New Leader, But Baghdadi May Not Have Been Running the Group Anyway
- Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw US troops from Syria ‘jeopardised’ Baghdadi mission
- The Washington Post faces backlash for headline calling ISIS terrorist ‘austere religious scholar’
- ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi ‘not killed by US military’ Russia claims
- France on high alert for revenge attacks following death of Baghdadi
- TO A WATERY GRAVE: Remains of ISIL Leader were Buried at Sea
- Burial at Sea: A Time-Honored Tradition
- FLASHBACK: Osama bin Laden’s burial at sea: critics range from 9/11 families to militants
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.