This week on Middle Theory… the “big day” has come and gone, involving the scheduled release of a trove of secret files relating to the JFK assassination in 1963.
Granted, what actually made it before the public so far is only a portion of the total files in the collection, following news late yesterday that President Donald Trump, after Tweeting that the files would all be released, seemingly gave in to requests from the CIA and FBI for an additional six months to redact portions of the existing files.
Esquire reported of the move that, “It appears that the president acquiesced to a demand by the spooks to hold some documents back. This is stupid and outrageous. This deadline has been out there since the Clinton administration. It is not paranoid in the least to wonder what they’re hiding now.”
Hence, for the last few days, journalists and researchers around the world have been pouring over the files, which relate new details about the JFK assassination. Long kept from public view, these files–as many had hoped–do appear to offer some new details about one of the darkest days in American history.
On this edition of the program, we will examine some of the most compelling new threads that have appeared so far, with the expectation that in weeks to come, additional details will be forthcoming.
Special thanks goes out to those who sent along donations to the program this week:
- Sean O’Neal
- Mark Hankins II
- Steve Edwards
- Jennie Vongvith
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get daily news from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
Finally, here are links to stories addressed on this week’s program:
- How to Read the JFK Assassination Files
- Trump delays release of hundreds of remaining JFK assassination documents, bowing to national security concerns
- Transcript from Rockefeller Commission has panel asking former CIA director Richard Helms if Oswald was a CIA agent. Answer redacted
- Document shows CIA/FBI gathering intel on right wing group talking about JFK conspiracies in 1964
- Protective Research file on Homer Echevarria, anti-Castro activist who allegedly told informant on 11/21/63, “… after we (or they) take care of Kennedy…”
- The wildest JFK files released so far, according to the WashPo
- JFK Assassination Records Processing Project
- INTERESTING: Will the JFK files tell us more about Lee Oswald’s call to Raleigh?
- INTERESTING… IF TRUE: Spoon-bending spook? Uri Geller claims to have investigated the JFK assassination for the CIA