This week, we look at how vaccine mandates and other issues related to the coronavirus pandemic are fueling resignations and dissent among state employees, law enforcement, and other segments of the population.
This week, concern erupted around a recent Financial Times report indicating that China had been revealed to have tested a new hypersonic weapon capable of traveling 21,000 miles per hour… but were the reports true? We look at what the Chinese Foreign Ministry had to say, as well as what U.S. Intelligence Officials say about why America is falling behind in its own hypersonics development. We also touch on the recent passing of Colin Powell and his legacy, and other items in the news.
However, the main focus this week has to do with resignations and revolts occurring around the United States, as state employees in California show fewer percentages of vaccinated than the general population, police forces push back against vaccine mandates, and the private sector is going on strike against work conditions. In light of all this, it’s no surprise that two professors are saying that we’re already entering a financial depression on par with the slump seen in 2008… we wade into all of this, and more on this week’s installment of Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Julia Gali
- Shelli Orlandini
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- RED SCARE: Beijing says new 21,000mph nuclear-capable missile is ‘a new blow to the US’
- OR NOT: China denies report of hypersonic missile test, says tested space vehicle
- CARMEN’S BIG REVEAL: Lauded Spanish female crime writer revealed to be three men
- POWELL: Colin Powell, military leader and first Black US secretary of state, dies
- THE GREAT REVOLT: Nearly 40% of California state workers remain unvaccinated despite Newsom order
- POLICE PROTEST: Clashes intensify between city officials, police
- WILLIAMS WALKS OUT: ESPN reporter leaving company over requirements
- THE GREAT RESIGNATION: The Great Resignation Goes Global
- THE GREAT RESHUFFLE: LinkedIn CEO Ryan Roslansky on Gen Z’s ‘Great Reshuffle’ | Time GREAT DEPRESSION: Professor warns America already in recession; may be as bad as ’08
- BOND AT THE GAY BAR: James Bond walks into a gay bar. But should he?
- CONTROVERSY INC: Jon Stewart Torches Media for Hyping Stories to Stir Up Conflict
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.