On this edition of the program, we look at what ratings tell us about who Americans are paying attention to in the media, and how controversial reporting along partisan lines keeps us divided, and may mislead the public.
With Hurricane Dorian on its way toward the Carolinas, we lead off with news of a bizarre stabbing at a California correctional facility, involving Sirhan Sirhan, the man serving a life prison for the assassination of Bobby Kennedy. In other news, Trump recently Tweeted what many experts are saying may have been a screenshot he was shown of an Iranian launch site during an intelligence briefing.
Later in the program, we also look at Lawrence O’Donnell’s claims about connections between Donald Trump loans held by Deutsche Bank and Russian Oligarchs. Then, looking at a Mediaite report pertaining to television ratings, we see that Fox News hosts are continuing to hold their ground in the latest rating sweeps. This, even despite controversial statements made by Tucker Carlson, who dismissed concerns about White Nationalism as a “hoax” similar to that of Russia.
While we disagree with Tucker’s position, we also note the fact that both sides of the American media report on such issues with their own biases, which are often equally skewed and misinformed. We look at what Americans may really think about media personalities, and the variety of reasons that might account for the popularity of many Fox News hosts, and conservative media in general.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Jill Ellis
- Steve Dave
- Jessica Zuccarello
- Brian Davis
- Mark Hankins II
- Lauren Turinetti
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- DORIAN GRAY: Hurricane Dorian shifts toward Carolinas, with Florida forecast to avoid direct hit
- STABBING SIRHAN: Sirhan Sirhan: Robert F Kennedy’s assassin stabbed in prison
- SATELLITE SCARE: Trump Tweets Sensitive Surveillance Image Of Iran
- THE WARZONE: Trump Tweets Intelligence Image After Iran’s Rocket Explosion And Offers Them “Best Wishes”
- SUSPENSION: Boris Johnson asks Queen to suspend Parliament
- LONG ARM OF THE LAW: Doorbell-camera firm Ring has partnered with 400 police forces, extending surveillance reach
- DEUTSCHE DO IT: MSNBC host O’Donnell suggests Trump Deutsche loans backed by Russians
- RATINGS ON THE RIGHT: Tucker Carlson Holds Firm in August Ratings Amid Controversy, Second Behind Hannity
- Tucker Carlson Says White Supremacy is a ‘Hoax’: ‘It’s Actually Not a Real Problem in America’
- Mediaite media bias rating is Lean Left (AllSides) (MediaBiasFactCheck)
- Dan Abrams: “So Is Mediaite Conservative or Liberal?”
- COMEY DON’T PLAY THAT: Watchdog: Comey violated FBI policies in handling of memos
- CLINTONGATE: The road not taken: Another FBI failure involving the Clintons surfaces
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.