This week, as the deadline for withdrawal from Afghanistan arrives, we survey the current situation as Biden’s exit strategy unfolds overseas, as well as the recent power situation resulting from Hurricane Ida.
As we begin another week of analysis of world events, residents of Louisiana were recently told that they may be without power for as much as three weeks in the aftermath of Hurricane Ida, which made landfall over the weekend. We look at what many residents are going through in the aftermath of the storm, before turning our attention in the direction of Afghanistan. With the Biden Administration’s deadline for U.S. withdrawal now having arrived, where will the United States go from here, and what awaits in the days ahead? We examine all these questions on this week’s installment of Middle Theory.
GARRETT’S MAPLE FARM: The Facebook Page of Garrett’s Maple Farm, operated by Jon Haskins
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Jon Haskins
- Charles Baldwin
- Sean O’Neal
- Connie Fletcher
- Elizabeth Hove
- Stacia Schwartz
- Mark Hankins II
- Kevin Webb
- Brain Davis
- Brett Giles
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- BLACKOUT: New Orleans Facing Weeks of Darkness on Hurricane Damage
- How long will power be out in metro New Orleans? Entergy says it will assess damage Monday
- EXECUTION: Federal appeals court upholds death penalty for white supremacist Dylann Roof
- KABUL: U.S. troops killed in ISIS attacks on Kabul airport
- Afghanistan live updates: Kabul airport suicide bombing casualties
- BIDEN: Transcript of Biden’s Speech After Kabul Airport Attack
- Biden promised to evacuate all Americans from Afghanistan. But how will we know if he does?
- BIDEN STRIKES BACK: US airstrike targets Islamic State member in Afghanistan
- US drone strike targeted ISIS-K planner believed to be ‘associated with potential future attacks at the airport’
- New urgency to airlift from Kabul after blasts kills 170
- Marine Commander Fired After Blasting ‘Inept’ Leadership
- RETURNING: US troops will need to return for combat
- Special forces vets launch own mission
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.