As the withdrawal of U.S. Troops from Afghanistan concludes, questions linger for Americans still in the country, and how long efforts to retrieve them may continue beyond the August deadlines.
This week, abortion is back on the table as the Supreme court has decided to allow a controversial Texas ban on abortions to take effect. We look at this, as well as COVID-19 updates before shifting our attention to the completion of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan. As the late August deadlines arrive, how close is the United States to really being out of the country, and who has been left behind in the aftermath of the chaotic withdrawal? We examine all of these issues in this week’s episode of Middle Theory.
GARRETT’S MAPLE FARM: The Facebook Page of Garrett’s Maple Farm, operated by Jon Haskins
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Julia Gali
- Daniel Baumberger
- Jill Ellis
- Robert Westfalll
- Robert Walsh
- Daniel Richard
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- ABORTION BAN: Supreme Court allows Texas’ 6-week abortion ban to take effect
- PFIZER PLUS: More Americans getting vaccinated following full FDA approval of Pfizer COVID vaccine
- STEP DOWN: Two senior FDA vaccine leaders step down as agency faces decision on boosters
- STATES OF CONFUSION: Texas school system closes after 2 teachers die of COVID-19
- As Florida mask fight rages, more children hospitalized
- Mississippi governor: Christians are ‘less scared’ of COVID
- Utah governor questions efficacy of masks amid virus surge
- EXPELLED: Sarah Rainsford: My last despatch before Russian expulsion
- EXIT STRATEGY: WATCH LIVE | Biden addresses the nation on the end of war in Afghanistan
- LEFT BEHIND: Afghan interpreter who saved Biden in Afghanistan is now stranded there
- White House thanks interpreter in hiding who helped rescue Biden in 2008 and commits to evacuating Afghan partners
- 29 Sacramento students stuck in Afghanistan, school district says
- VICTORY FOR WHOM? President Biden defends US pull-out as Taliban claim victory – BBC Newsnight
- OPINION: Opinion: Biden’s imperfect but powerful message
- The Afghanistan fiasco might get Biden impeached
- India holds first formal talks with the Taliban in Qatar
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.