This week, we look at the numbers as COVID-19 infections rise among America’s unvaccinated. As the “Summer Outbreak” ensues, what does the data really say?
This week on Middle Theory… AI is on our minds, as one recent story about a man’s use of an AI chatbot to continue dialogue with a deceased loved one sounds more like an episode of Black Mirror than it does reality. However, as we turn our attention to other matters, continuing concerns arise from the East as Vladimir Putin warns that he has “unstoppable” weaponry, and China continues to air grievances against the United States.
Meanwhile, the threat from COVID-19 remains here at home as unvaccinated Americans head to beaches and other vacation sites in states like Florida which, incidentally, has seen the sharpest rise in new infections (and deaths) of any state in recent weeks. As the CDC moves ahead toward reinstating mask advisories even for vaccinated Americans, we look at how the “Summer Surge” in new covid cases has been politicized… but what do the numbers really say about the current state of the pandemic?
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Jessica Riley
- Jennie Vongvith
- Stacia Scwartz
- Mark Hankins II
- Ali Buchan
- Kevin Webb
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- AI: A Man Programmed AI to Mimic His Late Fiancé. Experts Warn the Tech Could Be Misused.
- RUSSIA: Putin threatens to hit enemies with ‘unpreventable strike’
- CHINA: In Stinging Rebuke, China Tells U.S. Diplomat Its Rise Can’t Be Stopped
- YUAN WARS: Digital yuan poses challenges to dollar
- TALIBAN: Afghan interpreter for US Army was beheaded by Taliban. Others fear a similar fate
- COVID: Florida Leads nation in Covid Cases as Hospitalizations Surge
- Crist rips DeSantis over spike
- Cities Revive COVID-19 Mask Mandates, Sparking Backlash
- Researchers link ‘heavy wildfire smoke’ to increased risk of contracting covid
- SF Bars Requiring Proof of Jab
- Booster shots on horizon
- GERAGHTY: Jim Geraghty notes likely Dem voters who aren’t vaccinated
- MOCKERY: California man who mocked vaccine dies of virus
- Hospitalized radio host was outspoken skeptic
- Congressman Who Thought Had Natural Immunity Infected Second Time
- THE WRONG WAY: Fauci warns going in wrong direction
- TRAVEL: USA will not lift travel restrictions
- DISABILITY: White House says ‘long COVID’ could qualify as disability…
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.