This week on Middle Theory, for some reason Donald Trump’s latest “Twitter-Tantrum” are the leading story in the news (again). What does the ongoing saga of our commander in chief’s social media activity tell us about him, his mental state, and the country at large?
While the furor over “Trump Tweets” rages on, there have been actual things going on in the news, which include developments with the Senate Health Care Bill, as well as a Supreme Court ruling in favor of Donald Trump’s travel ban. We also look at a European Human Rights court that decreed a baby in England should die with dignity, rather than be released into parental care for experimental treatments.
Okay, okay… but getting all that “important stuff” out of the way so we can return to everyone’s morbid fascination with Trump’s Tweeting habits, the President came under fire for the latest in a vile string of insults, this time hurtled at MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski, along with her co-host Joe Scarborough. Could it actually be, just maybe, that this entire thing is being overblown by the media? On the other hand, are there legitimate things we learn about Trump, his presidency, and social media in general from careful discussion and analysis of this mess?
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get daily news from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]
Finally, here are links to stories discussed on this week’s program:
- European Human Rights court decrees that baby in England should die with dignity rather than be released into parental care for experimental treatment
- California single-payer bill stopped by House Speaker Rendon
- CBC Russia analyst Alex Shprintsen says that he believes Russia’s hacking during US election was nothing more than Putin getting revenge on Clinton for past remarks against him/Russia while Secretary of State
- Full text of Supreme Court Travel Ban decision
- Hawaii opposes Supreme Court’s decision
- Senate Health Care Bill vote is delayed
- Trump: if GOP Health Care Plan fails, repeal Obamacare now, replace later
- The Senate Health Care Bill Would Devastate Mentally Ill People, Like Me
- Trump and Scarborough Tangle Over Twitter, National Enquirer
- Forget the stupid tweets: There’s big news on Trump’s Russia connections — and he doesn’t want you to read it
- ‘I am Adolf Hitler’ Shock claims Argentinian man, 128, is Nazi leader sparks frenzy
- Her artwork was based on videos of her own children. Now she’s under attack by Pizzagate trolls.
- Alex Jones guest: ‘Children have been kidnapped and sent to a slave colony on Mars’