Controversy ensues over international laws being broken during a “state-sponsored hijacking” by Belarus of a Ryanair commercial airliner carrying a dissident journalist.
This week, as we look at things happening globally, a cease-fire has finally occurred between Israel and Palestine, as Antony Blinken travels to the Middle East this week to attempt to engage in U.S. diplomacy amidst criticism of the Biden Administration’s handling of the conflict. Meanwhile, cryptocurrency has seen a shakeup in recent days with Bitcoin bottoming out, after reaching an all-time high in April.
However, this week’s most significant stories were the controversy surrounding the forced landing by the Belarusian military of a Ryanair commercial airliner carrying a dissident journalist. Legal scholars have already weighed in on why international laws were broken during this incident, and why the Western World has had the gauntlet tossed in its direction as far as how such an incident can be prevented in the future, all of which we discuss this week on Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our Coronavirus Charities Page to learn more.
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Jennie Vongvith
- Jessica Riley
- Mark Hankins
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- CEASE-FIRE: As Israel-Hamas Cease-Fire Holds, Gazans Survey Wreckage
- BLINKEN OF AN EYE: Blinken off to Mideast to push peace talks after Gaza truce
- Blinken affirms Biden’s support for a 2-state solution
- CRYPTO-CRASH: Bitcoin, Ether Bounce After Disastrous Week for Crypto Market
- How the future of bitcoin is linked to the path of gold in the 1970s, strategist says
- RYANAIR: Belarus accused of ‘state-sponsored piracy’ as Ryanair says KGB agents were on diverted plane
- Why Belarus Grounding of Ryanair Flight Broke International Law
- Belarus condemned for ‘hijacking’ Ryanair plane to detain journalist
- Ryanair Hijack: Belarus Throws Down the Gauntlet to the West
- UK airlines told to avoid Belarusian airspace after journalist arrest
- CORONA ORIGINS: New information furthers debate on Covid-19 pandemic origins
- Gottlieb says there’s growing circumstantial evidence that Covid may have originated in a lab
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.