This week on Middle Theory, we look at the “Iron Triangle,” and the reasons that corruption in various agencies of government persist as a result of bureaucracy.
Happy Mother’s Day to all you mothers out there… and after looking at a bit of the history of the holiday (and critically examining how corporate it, like so many other holidays, has become, we look at recent news pertaining to conservative firebrand Ben Shapiro, who has been a recent item of discussion after allegedly cutting short an interview he did on the BBC. Is there more to this story than what most commentators are reporting, and why are we seemingly living in an “age of rage”?
Then during the latter half of the program, we turn our sights toward government corruption and measures within the last several years to curtail the effects of such things as lobbying, “dark money”, gerrymandering, and a host of other political practices that help those in power stay that way. However, while elected officials often take the center stage when it comes to issues in government, there is a sort of “sub-government” that works from behind the scenes which many contend to be the real government. Hence, we examine the idea of the “iron triangle,” and how broad corruption in various government agencies might be remedied on this edition of the program.
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Robert Westfall
- James Malone
- Jamie Craven
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get news alerts, articles, and podcasts from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
[email-subscribers namefield=”YES” desc=”” group=”Public”]
Finally, here are links to stories addressed on this week’s program:
- MOTHER’S DAY: Why American moms are seriously struggling
- FACING THE MUSIC: Farrakhan rails against ‘Satanic Jews’ in wake of Facebook ban
- SHAPIRO CUTS IT SHORT: Ben Shapiro cuts short BBC interview after tough grilling
- ‘I’m popular and no one has ever heard of you’
- ALL THE RAGE: Age of rage: Are we really living in angrier times
- CORRUPTION IN USA: Official Website of the Anti-Corruption Act
- For the People Act of 2019
- The Basics of “Dark Money”
- FDA employee letter to Barack Obama on corruption in the agency
- FBI: Public Corruption
- U.S. Government Anti-Corruption Organizations
- Transparency International: Politics and Government
- When power corrupts: 16 of the biggest political scandals of the last 50 years