On this edition of Middle Theory, things get heated between old friends in Washington, as communications between Attorney General William Barr and Special Counsel Robert Mueller take center stage.
This week on Middle Theory, we lead off with the news about a controversial mural of George Washington that one town says is “traumatizing” their students… in this era of safe-spaces and trigger warnings, are there nonetheless some instances where calls for removal of such historical representations are for the better, and if so, what are the consequences nonetheless? We also have a social media dep-platforming update, in which an early version of an article about Facebook’s decision to ban extremists from its online communities appears to have shown an obvious bias on part of the Washington Post.
Then later in the program, William Barr’s recent testimony before the Senate was just the latest in an ongoing series of high-profile televised hearings of the Donald Trump presidency. However, questions about a letter sent to Barr by Robert Mueller (whose long-awaited report on investigations into Russian meddling in the last U.S. election is now on the bestsellers list) led to some heated exchanges and seemingly contradictory statements made by Barr. We look at all of the details on this edition of the podcast.
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Betty June
- Daniel Baumberger
- Jill Ellis
- John Lipartito
- Jessica Zuccarello
- Steve Dave
- Robert Walshe
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get news alerts, articles, and podcasts from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
Finally, here are links to stories addressed on this week’s program:
- TRAUMATOWN: High school may erase mural of George Washington: ‘Traumatizes students’
- PAIN IN THE NECK: A 28-year-old man had a stroke popping his neck
- NO BS: Man stopped with moose poop at Alaska airport told agents it’s for politicians, TSA says
- BANNING DOWN THE HOUSE: Facebook bans extremist leaders
- SHAPIRO: Ben Shapiro Target of Death Threats; FBI Makes Arrest
- BARR WARS EPISODE TWO: THE EMPIRE BITES BACK
- Rift opens between Mueller and Barr
- William Barr’s Testimony, and Reasons to be Snitty
- Two Times Reporters on the Mueller-Barr clash
- Mueller report hits No. 1 on New York Times bestseller list
- CHINATOWN: Joe Biden’s Wildly and Dangerously Naïve Assessment of China
- Trump says Biden is ‘very naïve about China’
- Pentagon says China’s military using espionage to steal secrets
- Pentagon warns on risk of Chinese submarines in Arctic