With Elon Musk’s acquisition of Twitter, controversy ensues over issues of transparency and freedom of speech, and whether the platform can improve under Musk’s leadership.
This week, the White House announced that Vice President Kamala Harris has tested positive for COVID-19, which may be the least of her problems based on a new book that reportedly reveals tensions between she and other members of the Biden Administration, including the President. We also look at the current situation involving statements this week by Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley and Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, which shed new light on the U.S. military’s role in the war in Ukraine. Elsewhere, controversy has erupted around Elon Musk’s sudden acquisition of Twitter… and many are concerned about what this means for the future of the company, and issues related to free speech and transparency. We look at all of these stories this week on Middle Theory.
UKRAINE FUND: Support Ukraine Relief
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Robert Cramer
- Jennie Vongvith
- Jessica Riley
- Jennifer Garland
- Kevin Webb
- Mark Hankins II
- Stacia Schwartz
- Ali Buchan
- Brian Davis
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- COVID: Kamala Harris tests positive for Covid as Vice President isolates with no symptoms
- BAD BLOOD: Biden Left GOP Senators ‘Taken Aback’ With Harsh Dismissal of Harris
- BIG BUY: Elon Musk to buy Twitter for $44B and take it private
- BIG BIRD: Twitter accepts Elon Musk’s buyout deal
- FEAR: Twitter workers face a reality they’ve long feared: Elon Musk as owner
- FREE SPEECH: Elon Musk says he wants free speech, but his track record suggests otherwise
- Elon Musk’s Twitter revolution: Rebellious staff claim their new boss is ‘dangerous for democracy’
- BEZOS: Jeff Bezos trolls Elon Musk over Twitter deal
- MYSTERIES: Elon Musk’s $21 Billion Mystery: Where Will Tesla Ceo Get Cash For Twitter?
- Funding obscured: The family office behind buyout
- Takeover sets up clash with Europe regulations
- Trump says he won’t rejoin. Some advisers don’t believe him
- DORSEY: With Musk in Charge at Twitter, Could Jack Come Back?
- Dorsey’s bizarre lifestyle revealed
FACEBOOK: Facebook Doesn’t Know What It Does With Your Data, Or Where It Goes
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.