While the federal government weighs options on reopening the economy, protests erupt as Americans proclaim “Liberty or Death,” arguing that their rights are being infringed upon in the midst of the coronavirus lockdowns.
On the heels of last week’s startling claim by President Trump–that he had “total authority” as President–many individual states are facing the economic reality of maintaining shutdowns due to coronavirus. However, in light of all the concerns about authority, authoritarianism, and the overreach of government, some are wondering what Martial Law, if it were to occur, would mean for the forthcoming 2020 Election.
Meanwhile, as some states hope to reopen sooner rather than later, others are concerned about how the federal government might intervene if they are concerned whether reopening businesses could lead to the spread of more coronavirus cases. In midst of the debate, Americans are now protesting, claiming that state government lockdowns are an infringement on their rights to work, observe religious practices, and other fundamental activities. With America already between a rock and a hard place, even harder truths may await… and something inevitably will have to give. We assess the situation this week on Middle Theory.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Jana McKeeman
- Shelly Orlandini
- Jennie Vongvith
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- MARTIAL FLAW: If Trump Declares Martial Law Due to Coronavirus, Can He Suspend the Election?
- CANADIAN SHOOTING: 16 killed in shooting rampage, deadliest in Canadian history
- YA DON’T SAY: North Korean authorities confirm there ARE coronavirus cases in the country
- 2/21 Arirang news report: “Highly likely there are COVID-19 cases in N. Korea”
- MUTANTS: Coronavirus’s ability to mutate has been vastly underestimated, and mutations affect deadliness of strains, Chinese study finds
- PROTEST NATION: Anti-Lockdown Protesters Carry Guns In Pennsylvania, Kansas City Counter-Protesters Block Traffic
- Gov. Bill Lee won’t extend TN stay-at-home order past April 30; many businesses to reopen next week
- North Carolina, Missouri: ‘My rights are essential’
- Texas Lt. Gov. Patrick responds to backlash from ‘Tucker Carlson
- PARADOX: Trump, Head of Government, Leans Into Antigovernment Message
- IMPASSE: Barr Reveals Likely Trump Administration Legal Playbook to ‘Jawbone’ the States into Reopening for Business
- BIG BROTHER: Government is everywhere now. Where does it go next?
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.