This week Bernie and Obama endorse Biden, while a controversial series of emails dubbed “Red Dawn” illustrates America’s slow response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
This just in: Democratic hopeful Bernie Sanders has endorsed frontrunner Joe Biden, apparently clearing the path to his nomination at the 2020 Democratic National Convention… if they are able to have one, given the current state of the coronavirus pandemic. On that note, we look at the latest science, and questions many health officials are asking about the coronavirus, including when it arrived in America, whether people infected with it can contract the virus again, and other concerns.
However, a big story this week involved the release of a series of emails from late last year and early 2020 which indicates more of what we already know: that America was too slow in taking action to curb the impact of COVID-19. Anthony Fauci was asked about this over the weekend on CNN’s “State of the Union,” which had some asking whether it meant “happy trails” for Fauci after Trump retweeted a Tweet calling for “The Most Trusted Man in America” to be fired.
And then before we can wrap up, endorsements are just falling from the sky as Barack Obama, not to be outdone by Bernie Sanders, also tosses his endorsement behind Joe Biden. Meanwhile, the guy who is presently in the Oval Office recently stated that “When somebody is president of the United States, the authority is total… the governors know that.” By definition, does this make Donald Trump an authoritarian?
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Sean O’Neal
- Bethany Trottier
- James Malone
- John Lipartito
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- ELECTION UPDATE: Bernie Endorses Biden
- One Day Later, Obama Endorses Biden Too
- Biden is botching his response to the coronavirus and struggling to convince Americans they can trust him
- TRUMP FUNDS: RNC, Trump Campaign Haul in $212 Million in First Quarter Fundraising
- EARLY BIRDS: New signs suggest coronavirus was in California far earlier than anyone knew
- WHO KNOWS: WHO officials say it’s unclear whether recovered coronavirus patients are immune to second infection
- 18 MONTHS MORE: Kashkari Says U.S. May Face 18 Months of Rolling Shutdowns
- RED DAWN: The ‘Red Dawn’ Emails: 8 Key Exchanges on the Faltering Response to the Coronavirus
- Full transcript of the ‘Red Dawn’ Emails
- FIRST 50: All 50 states under disaster declaration for first time in US history
- FIRED UP: What Dr. Fauci has coming
- Fauci confirms New York Times report Trump rebuffed social distancing advice
- AUTHORITARIAN: Trump claims ‘total’ authority, over govs, to reopen economy
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.