This week on Middle Theory, we break down Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg’s recent testimony before Congress, as well as Donald Trump’s recent strikes against Syria.
With Mr. McNonymous having been recently tapped for mandatory pre-marriage counseling, Matthew Oakley joins Micah as the gents begin looking at recent items in the news pertaining to Friday the 13th, which includes the passing of late-night radio icon Art Bell. In remembering “The Art of Talk,” we revisit one of the most controversial segments on Bell’s program from the 1990s, and the questions that still pertain to it decades later.
Also, it seems that President Donald Trump isn’t the superstitious type, since Friday the 13th didn’t deter him from issuing a strike on Syria, in response to recent chemical attacks apparently carried out by the Assad regime. Meanwhile, Syria’s allies in Russia are blaming Britain for the attack, apparently citing historic ties to “false flag” operations and covert CIA programs like the 1953 coup that removed Mohammed Mossadeq in Iran. Also, could it be that Assad may have found a “loophole” by using chemical agents that aren’t recognized by the UN in existing chemical weapons conventions?
Then moving on to Mark Zuckerberg’s recent appearance before Congress, we look at the unusual exchanges between the Tech Bro in chief, and members of Congress and Senate who seemed to relish hammering him about everything from the recent Cambridge Analytica scandal, to insinuations of political favoritism. Finally, we wrap up the program with a quick view from Bill Maher, who disagrees with recent calls to boycott conservative host Laura Ingraham’s program, as well as a few quotes from former FBI Director James Comey, whose new book takes some opportune jabs at Donald Trump and bizarre allegations about his escapades with hookers in Moscow prior to his election as President.
Special thanks to those who supported Middle Theory this week:
- Rune Erickson
- Megan Bean
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We are now also offering SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.
You can also sign up for our newsletter, and get news alerts, articles, and podcasts from Middle Theory sent right to your inbox:
Finally, here are links to stories addressed on this week’s program:
- SYRIAN CHEM TALES
- Syria ‘chemical attack’: France’s President Macron ‘has proof’
- Russia blames UK for Syria chemical attack that killed dozens, many of them children
- Russia says Syrian ‘chemical attack’ was staged
- BREAKING: Trump Announces Strikes on Syria
- Here’s a list of all the times Trump warned against getting involved in Syria
- Russia, Iran denounce US-led strikes against Syria
- Putin brands Syria air strikes an ‘act of aggression’, warns of ‘consequences’ over raids
- US reportedly notified Israel strikes on Syria 12-24 hours earlier
- The Latest: Turkey’s president calls Syria strikes ‘correct’
- BILL HATES BOYCOTTS
- Bill Maher doesn’t like Laura Ingraham. He hates the boycott of her show even more.
- MID: ALL ZUCKED UP
- Why Mark Zuckerberg didn’t want to talk about your data
- Mark Zuckerberg’s second day in Congress: Here are the key points you need to know
- Mark Zuckerberg and the Tale of Two Hearings
- What to make of Mark Zuckerberg’s testimony
- COMEY COMES TO TOWN
- GOP campaign seeks to brand Comey a liar as he touts book critical of Trump
- President Trump denounces James Comey as ‘untruthful slime ball’ in response to book
- The 11 most eye-opening lines in James Comey’s ‘A Higher Loyalty,’ ranked