This week, we analyze Elon Musk’s new influence on social media giant Twitter, and the company’s issue with bots posing as users.
Former President Donald Trump is back in the news for his recent controversial endorsement of television doctor Mehmet Oz in his Senate bid in Pennsylvania, which has evoked ire from conservatives. Meanwhile, as the situation in Ukraine remains at a standstill for now, what do things look like within Russia, where Vladimir Putin appears to still be suffering from delusions of grandeur and victory? Then we turn our attention to the controversy surrounding Elon Musk’s recent purchase of shares in Twitter, followed by a surprise rejection of an offer to sit on the company’s board amidst Tweets that the company is “dying” over the weekend. What will this mean for the social media giant, who faces new claims that a surprising number of its users may actually be bots helping to steer widespread misinformation?
UKRAINE FUND: Support Ukraine Relief
DOLLARS FOR DONUTS
A special thank you to those who donated to the podcast this week:
- Vicki Pinderski $10
- Sean Boyle $10
- John Lipartito $5
If you like Middle Theory and want to help support the show, you can donate to the program here:
We also offer SUBSCRIPTION accounts for those who would like to make recurring monthly payments to Middle Theory. If you would prefer to SUBSCRIBE to the program, click here to visit our DONATES page, and scroll down below the primary DONATE button.
- TRUMP CARD: Trump faces fierce GOP backlash after endorsing TV’s Dr Oz in Senate race
- UKRAINE: Cheering Ukrainian troops shoot down Russian drone with British missile!
- Inside wartime Russia, Putin isn’t losing
- Vlad using retired soldiers to replenish forces, echo of desperate Hitler
- USA Weighs Shift to Support Hague Court as It Investigates Atrocities
- STEALTH SURGE: Covid Could Be Surging in the U.S. Right Now and We Might Not Even Know It
- DEEP BREATH: Humans can fight off viruses simply by breathing – Study Finds
- OFF BOARDING: Elon Musk decides not to join Twitter board, says CEO Parag Agrawal
- Twitter stakeholder Elon Musk tweets ‘Is Twitter dying?’
- BOT WARS: Researchers: Nearly Half Of Accounts Tweeting About COVID Are Likely Bots
- FROM TWITTER: Four truths about bots
- Bot or not? The facts about platform manipulation on Twitter
- FLASHBACK: Twitter’s Bot Problem Still Seems as Bad as Ever | Vanity Fair
- Twitter Can’t Win The War on Misinformation Until It Fixes its Bot Problem | Digital Trends
JOIN US: REACH OUT TO MIDDLE THEORY
To send us feedback, you can email us here. Also, follow Middle Theory on Twitter too… this is highly recommended, and may even be vital for some of you. Finally, as mentioned earlier, some may be further compelled to donate to the program, which helps keep ads for survival gear, water filters, male enhancement supplements, and do-it-yourself earthworm farming kits off the program.